"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Snow Cute

The snow is finally melting around here.  I was looking outside today and I had forgotten how wide our sidewalks really are.  Since Christmas we have had a snow shovel sized walkway only.  But now we can walk on the muddy sidewalks again.  A few days ago Lylah and our babysitter built a snowman and decorated him with all of the goodies Lylah picked up on their walk.  He has "pokey balls" for hair, which I think are from the sweetgum tree.  I love the way it looked!  Lylah was very proud of it.  She showed me as soon as I came home from work.  We had done a project at school spraying the snow with colored water and it was a big hit.  I brought the bottles home for Lylah to give it another go.
Here is a little video of Lylah spraying her snowman.



You may not be able to hear her say it, but when she sprays the snowman blue she says, "Now Blue, Mama, Now Blue Mouth...perfect."  Everything is perfect.  It's so funny. I hear myself saying things are perfect all the time.  Hmm doesn't Martha say "perfect" an awful lot too?  Maybe we are becoming one.  *snapping my fingers and coming back to reality* Where was I?  Oh yes...Lylah has also started to say "of course" instead of yes.  Do you want to get up?  "oh, of course."  How about carrot sticks and peanut butter?  "oh, of course"  Do you need to go potty? " of course"  She also has been saying she wants to " have a go," which in The Queen's English, means "have a turn".  I think she is secretly British.  Or maybe it's too much Kipper the Dog.  I also find myself speaking a little British after a crafting session and another viewing of P&P.   "Shelves in the closet.  Happy thought, indeed!"  I just can't craft without Mr Darcy and Miss Elizabeth Bennet and, my favorite, Mr Collins.  I can work under other conditions, mind you, I just don't want to.

 
Oh No!!!!  I was going to post a clip of Kipper here.  I tried to get one off YouTube where she has seen all the videos.   All the videos are GONE because of copyright laws.  I am afraid the smiling face you see here  will be a bit upset when she finds out.    Me too!  You should see her little smile as she enjoys the dogs and their fun.  I love Kipper!  Oh, the sadness!  ( I am over-using exclamation marks here to display my deep sadness over the loss of my dear friend, Kipper. I am usually opposed to the over-use, feeling that a period often conveys the proper feeling and emotion. But sometimes the frenzy of the moment calls for exclamation.)  Oh my, I should stop now.  I seem to be getting a little silly.  Who needs to hear my rambelings about punctuation or Mr Darcy or Martha Stewart.  I am simply too sleepy.  This is the post you get when I need to rest.  If you were here with me I would be a laughing mess.  Slap-Happy, if you will.  I'll try again tomorrow when I might be more sane!!! ( notice my use of the exclamation mark---laughing hard to myself)
Click here to see the only Kipper I could find.    It has all the favorites:  Kipper, Tiger, Pig, and Arnold.  Not Lylah's favorite episode, but still a good one.

1 comment:

  1. I am like a total creeper. I have commented on almost every entry....

    I love this idea. And her little red nose in the picture. I heard her say the "perfect" and thought of you before I even read the post. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.