"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Friday, January 8, 2010

2 Little Videos


She found a dolly that she thought was a replica of herself as a baby.  She has been a pretty good mommy for her ever since. ( the doll you can see is my old doll--a boy actually--and the doll she likes is under it.  I don't think you ever see it. )  She has also discovered that if she stands on a stool she can reach her light.  So this video is of her reading Olivia's Lost Toy to her baby, putting the baby to bed, and turning out the light.  At the end she says that she will come back in to check on the baby if she needs to. (And she will, of course, have to turn on that light again.)



This video starts with her saying, "Is there something wrong with that little baby?  I'll go and look."  Low and behold there is something in the baby's nose that requires tweezers to extract!  I wonder if she has been through that one one (or 20) times before?!  Our latest was last Sunday.  I had to go to work for a bit and Lylah was taking a nap and looking at  a book. Glen ran to her room as she was frantic and crying.  She had chewed 2 paged of book and stuffed them up her nose AGAIN.  He had to get the tweezers and get the pages out.  Later on at bath time she blew her nose and another giant paper wad came out.  She is no longer allowed to look at books in bed.  She loves books and she does well turning pages and taking care of them...that is until she has the compulsion to eat them and put them up her nose.  You can see her try to fight it sometimes and then she must eat the paper or stick it up her nose anyway.  A daily battle.  Oh my!

She ends saying she needs to go and do some projects.  I love that.  Poor thing is wearing jeans over too small tights.  They kept making her bottom sag.  She is also wearing her favorite pink pom-pom boots from Grammy. I just saw agreat tutorial about what to do with those too small tights.  I will link it and show you my results soon.

1 comment:

  1. What a good mommy--I hope her baby will not be putting things up her nose!!! HOw does Lylah do that??? That nose is too small--I do not get it!!!!! It is amazing what goes up there tho I guess--

    love her little voice--what projects??? Big word for a little girl--

    Grammy

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.