"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

I don't care what you say...I love this song


Laugh if you will, but I cannot get enough of this song.  I think I even like it more in ASL.  It puts me to mind of a talent show my college friend, Beth, told me about.  Her friend did " Baby Got Back" in ASL.  Now that would have been one to have on video!!

The best I can do is almost get all the signs down for "Leah's Farm" from Signing Time. 



Here is a video of Lylah doing some of her signs the day after her 2 year old birthday. It also has a some silly singing, bed jumping, and a fake pass out after smelling her toes.  Enjoy.


She still likes to do signing drills.  I don't want her to loose her signs, but she is the one who usually remembers to throw in the sign for whatever we are talking about.  Her favorites are, "more", "peach", "apple", "baby", "brush teeth", and "frog", and, her most favorite, "SWING".  She knows more than I realize.  I stopped trying to count the signs she can use after 200.  She is just WAY into communicating!  That's a nice way to say 'chatter box'.  I imagine she will be the one getting notes home for talking too much in class.  Not like me.  Except if you count that time in 5th grade when I was supposed to go to the office for talking in class.  Instead I went to the library and hid ( ok, and maybe cried just a very little) until I thought it was safe to go back to class.  And then there was college...that was a different story indeed.



I remember a certain Christian Comic Book personality, Tom Skinner--Up form Harlem! of whom I did a fantastic impression that garnered a call from our Dorm Mother, Miss Bess. "Girl-sh!! Can we laugh into our pillow-sh ?!" Maybe I am a bit of a chatter box too...given the right audience.  I gotta give the people what they want.

2 comments:

  1. Love the posts, but I DO have to say how disappointed I am in you! I CANNOT BELEIVE that you like ANYTHING Miley Cyrus! ACK! auntie L

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that is MC singing that song. I thought she was more raspy.... who knew? Now I have it stuck in my head, but I loved the guy's animation while he sang it.

    Celie will be thrilled to see Leah's Farm and Lylah signing tonight! We have seen the behind the scenes footage of Leah's farm and she LOVES the song. I have never seen the real version. Too cute. Lylah is a great signer. I liked the bit where she passed out after smelling her little toes. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.