"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

I chopped the Goldie Locks

I did not tell the grandmas until after the deed was done...but I cut Lylah's hair.  It is ever so cute.  It is all one length and stacked in the back.  It curls so sweetly and is much less of a battle to fix in the morning.  I do miss the pig tails, but I love the look her hair has now.  It suits her very well.  Short and sassy.


We started with a tuft on top at 10 months and progressed....




15 months.  Enough for a side clip and just before I cut off her "rat tail"
 

23 months. She had enough for little bitty piggy tails.
 

26 months.  Looking fuller.
 


2 1/2 .  Longer piggy tails.
 

2 yrs 8 mo.  Long enough for french braids.


Last week.  Long and lovely, just after her bath.
 

A few days ago.  Cute as two buttons.


There you have it.  An evolution of hair.  She  looks big now.  I guess that fits because she can "do it by herself" whatever it is.  She is still little and cute.  She just looks too big now.  I love the do.  Daddy is getting used to it still.

3 comments:

  1. I love the cut. It't really cute and I am sure it is much easier on both of you. That is always an incentive.

    I loved the progression of her hair growth. It is hard to imagine what kids looked like with little to no hair. Her's grew in so quickly and she has the prettiest curls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An umbrella with drips coming off and the letters in the drips. Maybe a ducky in there. AWWW YEAH...the awesomeness keeps on rollin! (or maybe I stole that?) Auntie L

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute--same picture on my card right??? and I must say--she looks like me!!!! I use to smile just like that--it is so funny---but she looks just like my four year old picture---too cute--thanks for the evolution of hair--too funny!!!
    Grammy

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.