"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Monday, January 4, 2010

"oh the weather outside is frightful..."





OK, here is a bit more snow.  Look at the precious star-like snow flakes!  I was awe of them for quite a while getting out of the car after church yesterday.  The whole yard sparkled like diamonds.  The snow is very wind-blown, dry and crunchy.  It is pretty even though it is no good for a snowman.  Our weather forecast says snow and bitter cold again for this week too.  It's not fun to walk on or drive on and the wind is horrid...but it's pretty.  Remember a few months ago when I loved the fall so much?  Well I have to admit that I love the winter too.  And, you guessed it, when spring comes around I will love that too.  I am alright with summer, but I seriously HATE to sweat.  I love gardens and produce and sitting on the porch, but geesh, the heat has got to tone down a bit.  I guess that's why I am not in Florida...can't stand the sweat.

Any who, I am cozied up (because for all my talk of a pretty winter...it's seriously, seriously cold) and I am planning some big time crafting for tonight.  I will post it tomorrow.  Getting excited to get to work!

1 comment:

  1. I just was amazed at the tiny stars you captured---how beautiful---it is cold here too in good ole Sunny (???) Florida--diffrent kind of cold--but goes right thru you--remember when we first moved to Fla--Jan 3 1980--I was determined to show you kids a beach and see why I was in love with the beach--it was sooooooooo cold--3 degrees to be exact--but we huddled on the beach with coats and ate Mcdonalds--one of many times at the beach--I just wanted my babies to love it like me----the snow is beautiful--I will just take mine in white sand thank you!!!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.