"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Friday, January 8, 2010

I take it back





 This is the view from the back yard...HELLO!


I seriously take back what I said in the last post.  Winter officially sucks!  I have been trapped inside my house for days (If you don't count the times I have ventured out to shovel snow for the poor postman's safety).  It was -22 today with the wind chill.  I mean...come on.

 I did get a paid snow day yesterday! Yippee!  It was wonderful to be home with Lylah all day.  She has been really into playing with her pretend food and kitchen gadgets.  We have been having picnics in the newly-cleaned closet.  There is plenty of open space now that I have taken some of her toys to the basement play area. She loves to play in the closet.  When we are at Glen's parent's house she gets t  sleep in a pack-n-play in a big closet too.  She is always saying how tired she is and how she really needs to take her nap there.  And she does.  Just good times being in a closet I guess. Last night she got the whole family in the closet with her, even Henry,for a pretend picnic that included "hot cocky milk", and candy, and peanut butter "can-vich-is".  She got everything ready and then took a deep breath and closed her eyes tightly and said a prayer for our picnic. It was so cute.

1 comment:

  1. 3 words for you....

    No, thank you.

    I would die. It was a brisk (and wet) 15 this morning when I left for work and I thought my car was going to kill me for demanding it to run. I have this pallet of water in the garage that I take a few bottles from every morning on my way to work. Usually, they are really cold but this morning they were partially frozen. It is odd b/c our garage is MUCH warmer than it actually is outside. I could not live in your climate.

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.