"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Did someone say snow?

Since my little family has been getting quite a bit of snow as of late, I thought it might be fun to share my new knowledge on the topic.
     Grandma and Grandpa Jones have TV, so when Lylah goes to visit she usually gets so see a show or two on Nick Jr.  One of the ones she has seen lately is Ni Hao Kai-Lan.  The best way for me to describe her is, "The Chinese Dora the Explorer."  But I find her more tolerable because she does not scream at you the whole time.  She does have freakishly gigantic eyes where her cheeks should be, but some how she is less offensive to me.  That was until she began teaching kids to use bad language.

Observe: 
See what I mean!!?
I laughed and laughed.  This is how you say snow in Chinese.  I love how she waits for you to repeat her.  Yeah!!  We covered the hill with sh%@.  Good thing it wasn't Dora asking the kids to scream it.  I saw this clip on a blog recently (I would give credit if  could remember where it was due).

I thought maybe I might be in  a silly mood and maybe it would not be funny again...but it was!!!
We are up to our eyes in Sh#@ here in the Midwest.  There was Sh#@ all over the car when we left our movie tonight.  It was fun for a while, but now I am ready to be able to walk to my car without fear of slipping on the permafrost.  Oh, Ha, Ha... I thought of another one.  Tired of shoveling the Sh%@ too.  Oh, I could go on, but you get the point.  Good times!

2 comments:

  1. That is too funny. I laughed and laughed. Glad we don't have cable for my kids to be taught bad words by Kai-Lan ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well who would have thought Sh#@&*a could cover all that--a little bit of Sh^&$% goes a long way!!!! too funny--almost as good as the Japanese (?) mission students at Ridgecrest with hiney ------ remember???
    thanks for the laugh
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.