"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Instead fo Organizing the Craft Room...

I made some stuff.
I made a bigger mess in the craft room.
I was a busy little bee, though.

I made a fun card for Grammy's 60th Birthday.  We ran our of colored ink in the printer and have not replaced it yet.  So I printed the picture in black and white and colored it with colored pencils.  I hand-stitched the accent papers and machine sewed the background paper.  My favorite part is the party hat and pom pom.  The hat has a little star shaped sequin and bead on a flower punch.



There is a glare on the picture here because of where I took the shot.  But you can still see what it is.  I was trying to take just one good shot of Lylah.  She would not hold still or cooperate so I got a series of out takes instead.  When taken together, the group of bad shots are pretty fun.  I sandwiched them between pieces of glass in a floating frame and used pieces of a vintage game and measuring tape to add interest and a title.  The last picture is what she calls her "monster face."

I also made 6 hair clips for Lylah.  I got really bad pictures of them so I will have to try again and post those on another day.

Lylah was a little busy too.  She made her first sef portrait.

It has eyes, nose, forehead, mouth, ears, and legs.   I was impressed.  She wrote it on my babtsitter memo pad--in case you are wondering what the writing in the back ground is.

Not bad for the week.  I did SOMETHING every day of the week this week.  Yeah!  That feels good.  Feels like what I should be doing.  Ahhhhhh

2 comments:

  1. I love all the crafts! I think I like the picture better in b/w with your coloring on it. It adds something more vintagy to it in my opinion. I love the stitching on cards. I know Mother will love it.

    The smile pictures are too cute. We rarely get a smile these days, I am lucky to get her looking at the camera instead of trying to see herself IN the camera. I like all the stuff you added to the picture though to give it interest.

    Her picture is too cute! Very impressive, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I did love it--the card has a place of honor on my dresser by my bed--so ilook at it evertynight (or morning--I work nights) and say Good night my sweet Lylah.--The pictures of her are too cute and ofcourse I cried when i saw them all--I mainly cried because you did all this for me with love---it mweans so much to me to have things you make for me---makes me think of when you were a little girl making things for me at school----I love them all--still hvae many many of those things that say--"I love my mommy so much" that means the most---I love my Jenny-girl so much too!!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.