"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

And a Haaa-Peeee New Yeeeaaar!

I could be really reflective and tell you all my resolutions.  But I won't.  I will only say this:  I am going to make this year count on many, many levels.  I am totally one to make resolution.   I am, unfortunately, one to break resolutions almost as quickly.  Why?  Because, as we discussed before, I am a quitter. former quitter.  I do have  a serious list of resolutions in my head.  Many are spiritual and many are related to being a better wife and mother and teacher.  Many are practical, having to do with organization and time management.  But all of them will fall under the umbrella of LIVING INTENTIONALLY.  I am making a choice to be governed by the idea of making my days matter for Jesus and others and me.  I am choosing to love.  It sounds trite to say I am going to love for 2010.  But it is not.  It's big.  It's really big.  And it's got a lot to do with putting my selfish nature to rest. (Hard for me because I am SO selfish)  It is the #1 commandment.  Jesus thought it was big too.

I am grateful for 2009.  I have experinced joys and sorrows but always have been held in Jesus' loving hands.  I am happy to embrace a new year and its possibilities.  It is always exciting to think of all the amazing things a new year can bring.  We are jazzed up in my house tonight.  There is a feeling of expectancy in the air as if something wonderful is just around the bend.  Come on new year!  I am excited to see what you have to show me. 

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year my precious Jenny girl--I love you more than I can say and things you say touch my heart--maybe because they have been in mine too--maybe because you layed under my heart for months--some of my heart thoughts rubbed off on you---May all yur dreams come true--alot already have---God created you to be just who you are--no more --no less-- just you---that has always been enough for me--
    Love to you Mom

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.