"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I'm Baaaack....kind of

"Oh," you think, "Jenny got her craft room organized and in tip top shape.  Because she surely would not be blogging if she didn't."  Seriously, it's me we are talking about here.  Did I get the craft room done?  NO.  Did I not blog-surf? NO--not as much though.  Did I do some crafting?  YES!!!!  I did make a few snow globes, a birthday card, 3 hair clips, and a bunch of stuff for school.

I also (think I may be 'manic' here) Took down the live tree, cleaned about 200 zillion needles from the floor, put away all the Christmas decor, swept, mopped, seriously cleaned the kitchen, seriously cleaned the bathroom, big time straightened the craft room, cooked ahead several meals and froze them, and managed to spend some good time with my family too.  Oh, and dusted.  Lylah saw me dusting and said, " Now Mommy, what ARE you doing?" I guess I do not dust as often as I should or the kid would know how to do it herself by now.... Just like I did when I was a kid.  My sister and I were totally convinced that we were only born for the purpose of house work.  Oh the cleaning!


if I was cleaning she was helping.  


So, although I did not get everything done I wanted to get done, I was still pretty productive.  Yippee!  I am just sure that the craft room will be done in the near future.  So I now lift the "blog ban" and I will post a bit.  Not much tonight, though, It's really late...or early.

 I will share a quick video.  It is very short.  It was taken last week when we went to PetCo.  She was really excited about the baby she found.  (The one she had to use the "clips" on in the previous video)  So she was all bundled up and looking so darn cute when we went to the store.  I happened to have my camera so I took  a little video of her.







 oh how she loves the little cart.  she turns the corners like a race car driver.

Nice to be back.  Lots to post in the very near future.

2 comments:

  1. I love the post - you ARE a maniac. I bet you feel a lot better having stuff done too. I always do and then I think to myself "why didn't I just do that before instead of having it hanging over my head."

    Has Lylah always liked baby dolls or is this a newer trend that comes with age? Celie likes to "clean" her baby's head with a wipe, but that is about it. She will brush the other ones hair every once in a while, but she is happier throwing herself on her big ball and falling off it over and over.

    Does Lylah LOVE that little chair you have in her room? I have wanted to get one for some time, but don't know/am not convinced that Celie would use it as much as I think she would.

    Keep up the good work, I can't wait to see some of the crafts you did!

    Oh - you are correct. we were created to be slaves. Plain and simple. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No she has not always liked babies. But she has always taken care of her little animals as though they were babies. I think she really loves the one on the cart because she just "came across it" and thought it was a replica o herself as a baby. So the is taking care of a mimi=me in her mind's eye.

    You are right, I am a maniac. But I ahve managed to keep the house and DISHES ( the bane of my existance) done all week. Floors still look good too. So If I keep up, I should be able to craft too. Here's to hoping!!

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.