"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sweet Cause and Effect

Cold nose and itchy eyes. I imagine we will always have Halloween pictures of Lylah with"Seasonal Allergy" face. Pretty cute pumpkin teeth smile, though.

Sitting with someone's Fall display and perhapse touching a light.
She had the whole concept of the "ask and you shall receive' down pat by the second house. Her first house she was not so sure. The idea of cause and effect sunk in quickly, though, because by the second house forward, she was in it to win it. She was running up the walkway and saying trick-or-treat and thank you and then saying to me, "I go to the next one , Mommy? Go to 'anovey' one?" When she came back to the sidewalk where Glen was waiting she said, "Look, Daddy! I got some candy! I got some 5 candy!" 5 is a lot in her book. If she wants more of something then she wants 5 of it. So she was pretty happy to get some 5 candy! Success! She wants to trick-or-treat every day now. This morning she said she would like some candy about 2 seconds after she woke up. We give her one, maybe 2, pieces a day. But apparently candy is all the rage if you ask her. She told me today at lunch that she would have "No broccoli and No meatloaf and No Fruit...Just Candy and then No nap" Keep dreamin' kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.