"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

I never knew...

I never knew pumpkin pie had a bone until I made one and gave it to my two year old. The other day Lylah asked me to make pie. She has been listening to me sing "three little kittens" who get to have pie. She has recently seen a new Beatrix Potter movie of animated books where a dog and cat eat pie together. And it is Thanksgiving time. Pie talk is in the air. So anywho... She helped me make a pie on Friday and surprised Daddy with it. Glen never eats the crust and the crust he got had a little dark spot where the pumpkin sloshed a bit going in the oven. So he set his plate down on the table in front of Lylah who looked at it an said, " Daddy, is that the bone?" we laughed and laughed. The things she comes up with!

1 comment:

  1. Well it looks like a bone to me too Lylah--but I love the way kids can put things all in perspective---remember that word Jenny? When you were 5 and taking art lessons I picked you up one afternoon and asked what you did in class--you looked at me and said mater of factly--"Well we worked on perspective" Now this is my 5 year old telling me this--I had no idea what that was--so I asked you-- your comment again mater of factly "Well--- you either have it or don't." left me out!!!!

    thanks for the wonderful stories--and memories--love you Mom

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.