"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Just Hear those Sleigh Bells Jingling...

I have no pictures to post because my camera is MIA again. I know where it is, but it is not accessible today. Oh well.
I am in full craft mode. I am working on Lylah's stocking and her various Christas gifts. I am currently making her a Waldorf inspired doll. I love it. Right now it i just a head without a body. Lalah saw it to day and said "uh, no thank you Mommy...." and "is that and Octopus" and later when she saw the disembodied head sitting on the coffee table, " Here yo go Mommy. don't EVER ever , ever leave this out again. Not ever." I admit the "doll" is a smidgen on the creepy side now, but I believe it will be so sweet when it is done. I am planning on giving it hair in Lylah's color. There are lots of pretty yarns to choose from now a days. So I am excited about completion. If I like this doll, then I will make more and use more to shelf materials like the REAL Waldorf dolls are made with. For this one I am using knit fabric and polyfill to stuff it rather than the all wool and no synthetic materials that the philosophy would suggest. You will have to look them up to see what I am talking about with the dolls. I love them and think they are cute. ( Depends on the doll-maker though . ) They are deliberately made without a whole lot of expression in the face so hat the child can pretend more completely. I cannot wait to finish the doll and make her a few clothes. When I get the camera back I will take a picture of the work in progress for you to see.

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with Lylah! Disembodied doll heads are about the creepiest thing there is. They rank right up there with clowns. I think it's because both lack souls! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I love her comments. I can't wait to see how her doll turns out. I have never heard of them before - I will have to Google one.

    the comment above made me giggle and think of a cabbage patch doll. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. tHESE DOLLS MAY BE POSSED (SP) AND MAY END UP IN THE GREAT BIG GARBAGE DUMP FAR A WAY FROM THE HOUSE!!!! dON'T SAY i DIDN'T WARN YOU!!!!!

    HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.