"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sharing the favorite chair

Lylah and Henry are here sharing the favored chair in the house. She was a little put out the he was in her chair to start, but she quickly changed her mind. She said, "oh well...I will sit with you, Henry? OK?" When he said nothing, she sat down. When she got a little too loving he had to vacate. She said to me today that Henry was "Just so cute." She tries to give him things all the time and help him to be "cozily" with the addition of blankets and pillows. Poor Lylah...he just gets up slowly and walks away while she follows after him saying,"But it's 'por' you, Henry, to be cozy."
Tonight I made the mistake of giving Lylah a couple of marshmallows before bedtime. Crazy!!! Who gives their kid sugar and then says it's time to sleep. She has been really excited about camping and having flashlights, tents, and marshmallows. She has read a few camping books from the library and has seen a camping episode of Kipper the Dog. So she was really into having a marshmallow. I gave her the bedtime sugar and you should have seen her. She was dancing and singing and imitating a buffalo ( have to see it to really do it justice---It involves finger horns and ramming into things.) She sang all the songs she knows and was so silly. We were in stitches and trying to get her to calm down too. do you remember the SNL skit with Mike Myers and Nicole Kidman where MM was the "Hyper-Hypo" Kid ? Hyper-active and hypo-glycmic. He totally spazzed out and uprooted a whole thing of playground equipment. Lylah was the hyper-hypo tonight. we laughed and laughed. She was quite the performer for us in her sugar-induced frenzy. I have learned my lesson. She did crash pretty hard pretty quickly after hitting the bed. Last I looked she was totally nude as were all the previously dressed dolls or stuffed animals in her bed. I suppose she was having a hot flash again.
No pictures of the event, but we took Lylah on a carousel for the first time. She smiled the whole ride. It was so sweet. She woke up from a nap the next day and said she was riding a fast horse and Mommy was holding on to the horse and it went really fast, fast, fast. Although she has been telling us she has good dreams when she wakes up, this it the first real dream she has been able to retell upon wake up. Obviously a fun time she needed to relive. I wish you could have seen her shining face going around the ride. It was so sweet. I will hold the memory of giving her the experience forever. She called to Daddy every time we passed him and said, "oh Daddy, Daddy, Look at this" "I'm riding!!!!" She told me this was her "best ever EVER ever ever ever eeever" Precious.

2 comments:

  1. That is pretty cute--these animals just don't understand that thee kids think everyone loves them and wants to play with them--their attitude is--"Oh good grief--here we go again"!! loved the picture--Grammy

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.