"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

First Trick-or-Treating Ever




We had to use the "Kitty Um-boo-ruvva" to get to school this day because the day of our field trip it rained all day. Sadly, the rain made many of my precious fall leaves fall prematurely. But it was wonderful and chilly and a perfect day for a book reading or a nap or a FIRST EVER TRICK-OR-TREATING AND FIELD TRIP!!

Some of our friends waiting at the gate to our room before the trip. I absolutely loved the costumes all the kids had on. The little guy in the red hat is a country rock star complete with cut off sleeves and tattoos and leather pants and wallet chain. Next to him is a sweet elephant with a very erect trunk. Next to him is a fairy waiting for grandpa to bring her wings. Here is Lylah waiting. She is the queen of melodrama. I have NO idea where she gets this dramatic behavior ( cough, cough).We wove our way among a maze of cubicles. There were about 60 children split into 4 groups. we were in a big pack, but we seem to have lost them here in these photos.

The loot! She was pretty proud of her gatherings and that she was holding them herself. I was also holding several bags that were hurting my hands. Let me tell you, these people are so generous to us. They invite us every year and give the kids all kinds of really nice treats including whole coloring books, crayons, juice boxes, Little Debbie treats, candy and toys. It's unbelievable. And after the trick-or-treating the children get to eat milk and sugar cookies in the cafeteria. She sweetly remembered her "tank you" most of the time without a reminder. Makes a Mommy proud! She even got a couple of Trick-or-Treats in too. She was so sweet. I have a hard time sometimes not scooping her up and snuggling her too much. I wish I could hold her all the time.
The aftermath. She was excited to see what all was in her bags. Her favorites were, of course, "Poop Treats" (aka M&Ms) and a plastic yo-yo. Since then she has also loved a cup and straw combo and the suckers.

1 comment:

  1. Oh... my... WORD! at all her candy and goodies! I bet the kids (and adults) had a blast!

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.