"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

PENNIES ARE MONEY!!!

Lylah and I have been going up to the attic craft room to "make projects". Lylah has been so excited about the random change she sometimes finds. She has been toting it in a little purse my mom gave her for her first Easter. she transfers it to various places and then back to the purse. The project we made together was a money bank for her pennies. We made it with a plastic Jiff jar because I love the RED. It goes well with her room and it's fun. I put paper around the jar and she colored it with markers. Then I had her help me find the letters I needed to spell her name and the other words. Then we cleaned up the beads about 5 times( because they were scattered about more than once.) Then I glued the beads and ribbon on the jar with Tacky glue. Then Lylah squeezed the glitter glue on the lid and placed the clear stones on top. She also placed the flower sequins on the sides. She was so proud of it!!! Wen Daddy got home she showed him her money bank and demonstrated how to put the money in over and over. She would sleep with it if I did not think that was a bigger hazard than letting a 2 year old have pennies in the first place.
She loves her mommy projects. I would not trade them for the world, even if I DID have to to help her not to destroy my entire work area more than once. It was a good lesson in responsibility and also sorting skills and following the rules. #1rule: When you make a mess, clean it up before you make a new mess. I think I need a little practice on that rule myself.


The finished product. Fun, fun times.
She was wearing a whole suit of soft knit leggings and a long sleeve tee. she had on the cutest pink jeans overalls dress over it and I thought I had a picture of it. Too cute. Her hair is getting long a so sweet too. I love it in the side bow with her "after-play" bangs falling down.

1 comment:

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.