"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Monday, February 1, 2010

Mommy had a Money

About a week and a half ago Lylah and I got in the car to go to school and a CD was playing.  We have had the CD for some time and usually do not have it on when Lylah is in the car.  It's not offencive or anything. It's just not her style of music.  It's a bit moody and more us than fun and kiddish.  Anyway, the CD was in the player and started on track one, "Rich Woman", by Alison Krauss and Robert Plant.  Lylah fell in love with the sound of the song and the beat.  She picked up on a few of the lyrics and is convinced that the song is about a Mommy, a Daddy, and a Baby, making it a family song.  She adores it.  She calls it "Mommy had  a Money" and likes to point out that he talks to "the baby" and the baby says "Daddy".  Sweet and innocent.  Every time we get in the car she says, "put in mommy had a money, mommy....play it again...again?"

I found the best recording  Youtube could offer for your listening enjoyment.  It's obviously not the best sound quality, but someone subtitled it.  It's a cool sounding song, although I like it better on the CD The rest of the CD I really dig too. You should check it out.    It's no Dan Zanes, but Lylah loves it as though it were.  Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that song!!!!!!! I also love her. She is such a true talent. I feel like singing is just something she is kind of "doing", not trying to do... if that makes sense.

    It's sweet what kids think of by just hearing a few words.

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.