"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Intentional Tuesday

I am going to make a regular post for Intentional Tuesday. Maybe I will get crafty and create a button for the blog...but for now, I just intent to be intentional. 

I have recently gotten back from the big party.  I've been there before.  Maybe you have too. Which one, you ask?  Were you invited, you say?  It was the big pity party, and yes, if you were around me, you were invited to join.  Sorry to those who have been a part of the festivities.  Really.

But I am no longer there.  I am here.  Here where I have been many, many times before.  Here where I say that I am making some changes in my life.  But today there is a huge difference.  Huge.

You see, in the past, when I say I am going to make changes I may say one or two out loud to people and I may write down a few, but that is not what I really mean.  What I really mean is that I am not changing one, or even a few, things.  I mean that I must change everything about who I am...right now, today.   From this day forth I will be completely different in all the ways that matter.  I will pray more, read my Bible more, eat less, eat better, be better to my husband, be a better mom, be a better friend, be a better teacher, exercise, get up early, clean the house daily, like a champ, journal, craft, blog....  You get the picture.

Not this time.  Nope.  This time I am going to be intentional about one thing.  I am going to read my Bible and I am going to pray...every day.

I spoke to a friend tonight that I have not spoken to in a few years.  She is one of the most wonderful people I know, and a true friend. You know, the kind that can tell you like it is with great love and you can hear it.  She encouraged me to just do the one thing.  Read and Pray daily.  There was a whole lot more to the conversation, but the point is that I don't have to change everything all at once.  I don't have to change any of it at all.    In fact, I can't.   I can't.   The only one who can is Jesus.  He will do the changing little by little.  From glory to glory for his sake.  I am only making a choice to be willing to do the one thing and to be honest.

How is this for honesty?  Truth is...I lost my Bible...a long time ago.  Well I was not the one who lost it, but it got lost. (He will say otherwise-but he is telling fibs if he does.)  And so I do not have one.  There is one (or maybe two) around here somewhere, though.  I will find one and use it.      One more thing...I really have no hunger for the word.  But I have a desire for a hunger, and I will be praying that it will be answered.  And I know it will.

I have been a believer for most of my life.  I know the things that I have written are not new ideas nor are they new to me or even, in part, to this blog.  I have been told these things by people who love me and whom I love.  I have chosen not to live intentionally up until now.  But tonight it is real and it is alive in me.   I cannot do it in my own strength.  I need to pray and believe that God can do all things.  I know God is real and I know he loves me.  I also know that I cannot stay, I cannot live, where I have been living. 

Intentional Tuesday #1:  Read my (or any) Bible and Pray.     No more tomorrows.  Only one thing.  Just the one thing.  Join me?

3 comments:

  1. oh yes! I have been reading in Acts and it's got me (as Barney Fife would say) "keyed up". The faith and the intentional living is incredible. I just read the stoning of Stephen-amazing. It's like I'd never read it before! I'll pray for you to keep it up!! :)
    Auntie L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lori. Woudn't you know today was a rough one. I started out challenged and my preschool kids were insane!!! Let the testing begin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been where you were many times in my life and I can truly testify to the fact that the only one who can truly change me or you is Jesus Christ--thank goodness he loves me enough to see me thru it because He truly knows our hearts--and you Jenny have the best heart I know---but we have to come to the place of insuffientcy (probally spelled wrong) in ourselves--it is not about us--it is about Jesus---so trudge on my brave little girl--I love you dearly (more than you can realize) and I too will join you--thank you for the honesty and challenge-
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.