"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Mommy's Party Animal

We had all of our Valentine's Day party hoopla this past week for school.   The parties (all four) went well and the friends all had fun.  My morning class was only a little disappointed to decorate cookies for our party instead of having cake.  I heard more than one of the 2 year olds telling their friends that we were having a Valentine's Birthday Party.  To all two year olds a party means...cake!  But they ate the cookies like champs.  After the cookies, they were quite happy to keep pretty close to our normal daily routine, so we went to the music area to dance.  All the mommies loved seeing the class dance to our favorite songs.  They get to hear their child say they danced and even hear the title of the songs, but they don't get the full effect unless they see the cuteness for themselves.  I was happy they did.  Cameras were snapping pictures nonstop, like good first time preschool kids' moms should.  It was a blast.
 
One of the moms said to me that she remembered how Lylah stole about 3 or 5 cookies when the class was supposed to be singing during the Christmas party.  We giggled about it (I was mortified at Christmas--but I realize the humor of the situation now).  You'll never guess who the only child to lick all the icing spoons after the cookies were finished could be!?  Oh, you  guessed Lylah?  Ding, Ding, ding!!  She came away from the serving table with pink icing ALL over her face.  She said, "Oh, mmmm, yumm, yumm, Mommy, I sure love that icing.  Isn't it so very good and pink!?" and smacked her lips.  What a  nut! At least she likes all food and not ONLY "sweeties".

 
2 second fake smile for me after the party
she was way more interested in her goodie bag



a picture in her Valentine's Day shirt I stitched
while watching Northanger Abbey


my first attempt at hand-sewing on a tee-shirt.
Next time I will use a hoop.  I thought it turned out OK.  I made a fun covered 
button hair clip to go with it too. I liked the clip better than the shirt...but no good picture 

Cookies were yummy.  Games were fun.  Candy bag was full enough.  Happy party girl.

1 comment:

  1. I love your shirt! That is really awesome! I also love her sweet smile in her pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.