"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Light Dusting of Snow...

Friday's forecast said a light dusting of snow was expected.  After about an hour of sleet and big snow flakes and then almost white-out conditions and a lot of snow accumulation, the forecast was changed...Winter Weather Advisory.  School was called off early for the day and the roads were slick. I drove a lot in them.  Skidded right past the entrance to work in slow motion.    But the snow was BEAUTIFUL.  It was fluffy and covered everything like a cotton batting.  By the time I got home, the temp was rising and the 5 to 6 inches of snow on the ground was perfect for snowman building.

  We live on a very busy street and they plow it well, eventually, but they always plow our driveway closed.  Since we drive  a car with no ground clearance and cannot power over the mountain of snow, there is no way to get in unless I shovel the snow wall away. (Lylah helped do the top of the drive with a spoon.  Very excited to be so grown up.)

After I shoveled the drive so I could pull the car in, we made a snowman.

 
He had shrub clippings for hair, Lylah's broken sunglasses for eyes, a carrot nose(of course), and a stylish scarf ( tied on the way Oprah told us all to do)


 
I stuck the nose in and she got a nibble (2 really) stinker!

 
She shook its hand

 
She kissed it.

 
She stood by it for 1/4 second


 
She finally chose to allow the frozen strawberries we brought outside for the mouth to be placed on the snowman.


 
Then she thought she better eat the berries instead.
This is how the snowman looked on Saturday.  A little bit tired.


I wish I had pictures of all the snowmen around town.  There seemed to be one in every other yard.

We are now getting ready for a snow and ice storm to begin late tonight and get worse as the day goes on tomorrow.  I am hoping for it to be bad enough to call off school on Monday but not bad enough to loose power.  
Fingers crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.