"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Coming Soon

I have a list of project to accomplish.  I will give you a few sneak peeks of some befores.  I am even thinking of possibly showing you my pit of a craft room.  Don't hold your breath on that one though.  I am too ashamed of the mess right now.  I know everyone's craft room is a mess at times...but you have NO IDEA.  Maybe if I play it so much as a horror, then you will say it's not so bad IF you see it.  But then again you may say, "Whew!  She wasn't joking about the pit." I'm stil thinking.  But the craft room is a biggie I am working on.  

I will show you one project I am pretty excited about.

 
Here is Lylah's big girl bed.  

 
Here is a close up of the headboard.
I saw it at an antique mall in town and mentioned to Glen's parents that I thought this might just be the bed I was looking for.  They said they would help us out with it, but then Grandpa changed his mind and bought it for us.  You will have to see the previous post about Lylah and the grandparents.  She would have the world if our parents could somehow get it for her.  We are very thankful.  It will be so pretty.  

I could not get a really good picture because it's very late and we have only "mood lighting" around here (and my flash is crazy).  But if I had a better picture to show you, you would see that the finish is not so stellar and is a little streaked and glopy.  But the bed is VERY solid and very sturdy with wooden side rails, high headboard, and low footboard.  I love the carving and I think it will be darling in white..or maybe pink or yellow.  I will say white will win, but you never can tell.

So there you have the before pictures.  The after pictures will include fun sheets, mommy-made bed spread and pillows, and a grown up preschool bedroom with a retro feel.  My goal is to have it done by her birthday.  She is fine in the crib, but by three she should be in a big bed, I guess.  

It will be fun and I am dreaming of her new space every waking moment.  I am obsessed.  Can't help it.

Now I feel like I better make a list and sketch some stuff.  If the mood strikes, I gotta go with it. 

1 comment:

  1. I loe that bed--what a find--keeep me posted on the details--knowing you it will be amazing!!! The bed is beautiful--I love the high headboard to it---very very nice--looks like something you would choose and it will be amazing I am sure.
    love Mom

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.