"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Not a real Post

What's up? You say....   I don't mean to not post.  I am trying to be intentional around here, and I have been feeling a little flu-ish or run down or something.   But I have been doing something creative every day for the past two weeks.  Wow!  It has been YEARS since that has been the case.  I feel more like myself.  I promise to take pictures of the stuff I have been doing.  Lylah and I have been doing projects.  Really she has been watching the Wonder Pets and "making pies" with all my craft supplies, but she feels productive and we are enjoying time together.  Oh, I could let you in on the stuff I am making.  I am working on some felt cup cakes for a fund raiser, more hair clips, some valentines, sewing a few skirts and jumpers for Lylah, and the blessed craft room organizing.  I think the last one will always be on the list.

  I also checked out Peter Pan from the library.  I have never read it and  I  have been told that I must.  I cannot believe that I missed out on some of the major classics.  I may move on to the C. S. Lewis stuff next.  Nope.  Never read any of Narnia as a kid (only one as an adult).  Sad but true.   I would like to fancy myself as well-read, but I really am not.  I have read some great books...but then I just re-read them.  Ask me how many times I have read The Scarlet Letter or Jane Austin's books, or Anne Of Green Gables....it is more than once. 
  
     Well that's it.  I thought I would check in and say that I will really post something to see in the next few days.  Hang in there ( all one of you ). Back to work.  Or reading.  Or making lists.  Not bed.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what you have been doing. :)

    Punkin was putting up some books that came in (the goodwill) the other day and there was this book that is a diary of Prudence (I forget her last name)... she opened up the book and there was a little post it note that had the name "Celie" inside it. Of course she bought the book.

    It has a picture of a little girl with curly blonde hair on the spine and Celie calls it her "Lylah book". I guess b/c of the age and the hair. It is pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for reading the classics!
    You'll find that there's a lot more in Peter Pan than you might have thought. Lots of 'levels' of thought about each subject, darker, more bittersweet, etc. :)
    And if you're needing more Pan when you're done, there's a novel based on Barrie's own idea for more adventure! Click here !

    BELIEVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy yur posts even if i never comment--but I think I do--have fun reading--just read The last Song by N. Sparks---had to be careful where I read it--cried too much--very good book---I may write one of my own some day about my hospice nursing--I truly loved all the families I got to become a part of --or I should say had the privilidge of them allowing me in theirs---

    Mom

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.