"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Wishful Thinkin'

Lylah keeps telling us about all the wonderful things that will happen in the spring.  We are hearing about butterflies, playing in the park again. trees looking pretty, flowers growing, gardens growing, and her birthday.  Glen had a wondeful plan for the family tonight that had us all wishing for the spring and summer.

Tonight we had an indoor camp out. We said we were pretending it was Summer.  We grilled hot dogs, made s'mores and Lylah got to "sleep" in her tent in the livingroom while watching "Chucky Cheese Mouse", aka Micky Mouse.  She had her fingernails and her "toe fingers" painted, and had a wonderful time.  We all had a lot of fun.  When it came time for bed, I moved the tent into Lylah;s room and we let her sleep in there.  She was so excited!  She came out once...so cute...went potty...got a drink...and went back to bed.  She woke up again and wanted to sleep in her own bed.  There she is still.  She is still in the crib and really enjoys it there.  I am on a serious hunt for the perfect twin bed for her "big girl" space, but no need to rush it.

This was a happy day.  I will keep it in my memory forever.  My sweet husband and my sweet Lylah.  I
 love this little family. 

 
s'mores under the broiler for about two minutes.  Yummy!


s'mores face and hands. she loves her "sweeties"


Tent resting and Chucky Cheese Mouse


1 comment:

  1. somehow, Lylah and I look the exact same after we eat our smores. :) What a fun night. I bet you all are dreaming of spring. Spring means big things! I can't believe Lylah will be THREE!

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.