"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Workin'

I have been working like a dog the past week getting ready for my work's #1 fund raiser of the year.  We have a chili cook-off and silent auction.  I chose to donate handmade, felt cup cakes. I worked and worked on them, going through several icing styles and perfecting the cupcake shape.  I even made a box to store them in.  I used Mod Podge for the first time.  (Where has it been all my life?!!)  It all turned out well and I was pleased with the final product.

Wanna see it?


Too bad.

  I was in such a rush to get them completed and wrapped up for the silent auction that I forgot to take even one picture.  I seriously can't believe it did that. 

Oh well.  I will have to make more, I guess.  I will be putting them in my ETSY shop...coming within the next month.  I have some things to put in it now and a gigantic backlog of ideas that I have been holding on to. 

I can't seem to be able to fit in all that I want to do crafty-wise and blog-wise and just living day to day and make it all work.

It has been a tough week too.  Doing a lot of thinking.  Making some hard choices.  Changing my plans and trying to follow the words I read in Phillipians this week.  I am trying to pray rather than be anxious.  I think things and then I have to make the effort to pray them out rather than worry.  I think that is what the verse is trying to tell me to do. 

I thought I would check in.  But I am not sure how often I will post in the next week or two.  I really do have  a lot to work through and several projects that need attention around the house.  So, if you made it to the end of this boring post, thanks, and I will be back in a few weeks.  Toot-a-loo!

3 comments:

  1. I posted this on facebook, but it's meant so much to me, I'll say it again :) It's one of those things that on the surface you're thinking, "well, duh", but it's how the pastor put it that hit home for me. When Jesus or an angel comes on the scene in the Bible, their first few words are something like, "do not fear". It's not, "Here, I'll fix this and THEN you can be happy", it's do not fear FIRST. It's helped me a lot. Auntie L

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe there is a craft item that I have used before you..... but I ADORE Mod Podge. And they even make different types for different applications! True Love!

    I,too, have been trying to truly pray for Faith and guidance, rather than taking things into my OWN hands and worrying myself to death about it! How silly! What verses are you reading about prayer? I want to read them too.

    Bummer about not posting pictures, but hopefully we will all see them soon enough - with a chance to PURCHASE them as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys. I love the application of "do not fear." Oh how hard it is to not allow myself the wallowing in fear.

    The verse I was chewing on about prayer is Phil 4:6+7 Don't worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

    I find great comfort in this promise. I hope is is helpful for you too.

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.