"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Monday, April 19, 2010

A Little bit Funny


I went in to kiss Lylah goodnight and found this sight. Poor Strawberry Shortcake! She's been eaten by a flashlight lion!

I giggled and then went for the camera.

Today I was asking Lylah about opposites. She is a little young to understand the concept still, but a friend was talking about it so I thought I would quiz her and see if she had the idea yet. It went like this:

Me: Lylah, what's the opposite of stop?
Lylah: Hmmm?
Me: What's the opposite of stop?
Lylah: Hmmm? ( this happens ALL THE TIME. She answers most everything with "Hmmm?")
Me: You can stop or.... ( with a leading tone of voice)
Lylah: Hmmm?
Me: If you don't stop you... (again with a leading tone)
Lylah: If you don't stop, you go to time out!!
Me: Big laugh!!!

I have bee informed that the baby in Lylah's tummy is not Orange Blossom any longer... It's Baby Jesus.

She helped me with making dinner tonight and said, " I love to help you, my Sweetheart Mommy." And, "oh, yum, yum. I love this dinner. It smells so tasty and lovely."

Lylah gave Henry a pet the other day. "Here's a puppy for you to love and sit with you in the window, Henry. You're welcome."
My silly girl.

3 comments:

  1. How sweet~ Doesn't it just melt you?

    Too funny about going.... to time out if you don't stop. :) I love these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how funny--love how their little minds work--all so true--love the picture of Henry with dog--don't you wish you could read Henry's mind??? She is so sweet--these things just melt your heart--guess that is what makes us Mommies--I miss it so much.
    love you
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. tap..tap.... is this thing on?

    New post? Birthday post? Some pictures? Some video?

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.