"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Where HAVE you been?

Well I cannot say I have been any place exotic or spectacular. But there have been a lot of happenings since I blogged last. Let's scroll through a few in a nice easy list.

1. Parent/ Teacher Conferences at school= stress

2. End of school stuff like a Bar B Que and play night and getting my loose ends tied up for the end of the school year.

3. My Mom came to visit! We had tons of fun, but the week before she arrived Glen and I were very busy trying to get the house ready for a visitor. Above is one of my favorite pictures from the visit.

4. We refinished our dining table and 6 chairs. I slapped some fabric on them for chair covers that still need to be replaced with my beautiful fabric I bought 3 years ago for this project.

5. Major MAJOR progress on the craft room. Even set up a little place for Lylah to craft along side of me. She loves it! A little paint and a lot more tweaking still left to do, but I'm getting closer.

6. Lylah's 3 year old birthday!! Can't believe she is three. She seems to have grown up all of a sudden. she's pretty good at doing things, "By My Own"

7. Found out I am pregnant again!!! So excited and pretty much have had a distracted mind since that point. I am getting better. I am not COMPLETELY freaked out all the time as I was in the beginning. I have some pretty bad history with missed miscarriages ( meaning the baby dies and your body pretends to still be pregnant giving you no sign that the sad thing has happened until you go in for a Dr. appointment and try to hear a heartbeat and there is none).

8. Started our summer school session. My summer kids are so fun! I am really glad to have a fun summer. I don't think I could have handled a rough one. My mind is not capable of too much more than making it through to the 12 week doctor visit on July 2nd.

9. Refinishing Lylah's big girl bed. She wants it pink. I am not sure if that means I will paint it pink after Glen finishes stripping all the gooey drippy varnish someone before us poorly applied, or if it will just be pink bedding. It IS pink bedding already (Thank you Grammy for the delicious bedding). Maybe a pink bed on top of pink bedding is too much. Probably not for Lylah, though. she is all about pink with no encouragement from me. I love it too, but I am more partial to blues and greens. Here is Henry sitting like a person on some of the bedding . Lylah thought this was very funny.

10. Trying to cook at home in ways that are healthy, yummy, 3 year old friendly, and not spaghetti every night--although right now I could bathe in it and be a happy person. I guess you could call that a "craving', right?

11. Currently in the throws of a MAJOR sinus infection/summer cold that I can only take wussy Tylenol for. I am not complaining that I am pregnant and therefore cannot take meds, I just wish the 'OK for growing babies' meds were better at making me not feel like "Moaning Mertal"

So there it is. The things that have kept me away. Since the beginning of May I will say it has mostly been tiredness (from growing a baby) and anxiety (from not knowing what is going on in there) and doing a lot of projects for home and school. But I am going to blog more often...WAY more often.

If anyone is still here to read the end of this long and boring post, here's the deal:
I almost chose to not blog again. Not because I hated it or did not have the 'readership' I needed, but because I began to look at my blog as a tool for MY PRODUCTS rather than what it is. What is it? A way to connect with my family long distance, a memory keeper and a chronicle of our life now, maybe a tool for marketing (if I ever get that ETSY shop going), and mostly a fun way to share stuff and be connected with my people. I got a little worried that I should have my blog be a 'ministry' or that I should have some product line or brand to promote and I should be ultra crafty and witty and wise and sage. But, truly, I just gotta do what I love and the blog will be what it will be. Is that a song?

So... here's to beginning the blog again.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back!!!!!

    I am glad you did not give it up. I almost have many times too but have had to remind myself that I do it for me and for the people that actually care to read about what we are up to. So, I am glad you kept it. I want to know and see what you guys are up to!!!!! I love the picture of you three ladies! Very nice! Can't wait to see and read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new baby, we will be praying for you. I am a friend of Sarah’s and I love reading your blog. Lylah is such a cutie. I enjoy seeing and hearing about all your fun craft projects, so keep blogging. I have a very boring life and need the entertainment, weird huh!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for saying so, pollyanna. I am happy to keep blogging and I am excited about doing several more little projects. Thanks for the word of encouragement. I have a pretty boring life too, but I am glad it's entertaining...if people only knew how many Chick fil A posts I have wanted to write and haven't. Now, that's boring!!

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.