"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

And the Dafffodils Look Lovely Today...




Every year we have a bunch of daffodils grow up in front of our house. They are lovely for a week-ish and then they die and leave a pile of stringy foliage behind. This year I decided to cut the daffodils as soon as they were in bloom, take them inside and enjoy them to the full. So one day last week, that is just what we did.




Lylah loved to put all the flowers in the vase.

We put a few flowers in a vase for her room too. She carried them around and was so proud of them.

In this video she and Henry enjoy the blooms and Lylah hatches a plan to have a few flowers for Daddy's work.



Sorry, I can't not put a song with this post. I did not feel any "gut wrench" when Lylah and I were cutting flowers, but I could not stop thinking of this song from "back in the day." The song references the daffodils at 3:11 in the video, skip ahead if you must.



My sister and I listened to the Cranberries A LOT (to the torment of our parents!!)

I can only say that "the daffodils look lovely today...la, la, la, la,la, la, la."

2 comments:

  1. I was so excited when I saw the title b/c I knew the song would make it on here. I still love it!

    I love the picture of Lylah with her pretty flowers! It is so sweet and undertated. Of course, I really love the vidoes too. I love seeing her do her thing and talk so much. You know, I like to call Celie "uncle David" b/c she says "huh?" so much to everything I say. I heard Lylah do it once to and it made me giggle!

    I bet the daffodils looked lovely in Glen's office as well. How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Lylahs hair---she looks so sweet--what pretty flowers--glad she is learning how beautiful flowers make things--especially in the house--it is a must to always have fresh flowers in sight--makes you feel pretty and special to enjoy Gods beautiful world!!!!

    Yeah Lylah for being thoughtful for daddy too!!! I love the video---Can't wait to see my sweet girl
    Love you
    mom

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.