"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Hoppy Easter

I love a good pun. But I think I may be "over" Hoppy Easter. But if the mask fits....



Here is the only picture I was able to drag out of Lylah for Easter. She broke down into sobs after this one and had a generally grumpy day. It may have all stemmed from having to be in worship service instead of her Sunday School Class. She was not so much sad about not seeing her teacher or friends or being in her class but that she would not be getting her usual snack. She said, "oh Mommy, but Ms Carol gives me cookies for a snack. How will I get my cookies at church? She gives me peanut butter cookies, chocolate chip cookies, black cookies, etc." She proceeded to go on, in Bubba Gump style, about the cookies she would not get and threw herself into a funk. I meant to bring her a little something myself, but I forgot. Downhill after that. One cannot mess with Lylah and her food consumption. It's not pretty!!!


She did look cute. Grammy sent her a box with this pretty dress inside (and the little makeup purse in her hand--it has been a permanent attachment since she received it.)

2 comments:

  1. The masks are too cute. Was that a project you all did as a family or at school? Her little dress was so cute and I love seeing what she likes to carry in her fancy purse. Of course there is nail polish in there. :)

    Oh the nursery snacks. I wish I could have them every Sunday too!

    I love the cute pictures and her adorable hair clip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well her little dress fits perfectly--it looked so big--I kept thinking--Is my Lylah this big--this is too big for her--well she will grow into it--but gosh this looks big---and it wasn't sad but true--Ihope she likes to wear the bracelets in the purse--I thought she would like that--nail polish and gloss--every girls dream

    your project looks like a few that I have tried and said oh well--it is really not that bad--but I will say a whole yard of faric is a little over the top--but it will make cute shorts and top--what size pattern do you use???
    Kisses and hugs--Mom---glad the masks were fun--did yours fit????hahhahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.