"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Could You Add Some More PINK?

I am finally posting the pictures of the little dress I made out of a favorite pin-tucked ruffled shirt. I asked Lylah if she would like mommy to make her a dress and she said yes and she wanted it pink. I had my eye on the cutest fabric at Joann's and used a coupon to get it 1/2 price. So excited about that!

So I got the fabric and sewed all night...literally. I went to bed at 4 am!! I sewed a skirt onto the top to make the dress. I put in tiny box pleats and made a little belt finished off with vintage yellow buttons. When I got Lylah up the next morning she was tired and less than impressed. I showed her the dress and she said, "hmmm. Could you add some more pink?"


Unfortunately it was too baggy and needed to be taken in a smidge. So I had to take off the whole skirt and belt, take in the top, add darts on the back, and sew the skirt and belt back on.

I also made knee high socks from a too small pair of tights. I used this tutorial from Ruffles And Stuff.

Here's the reveal.

The favorite shirt that was too short to wear anymore.
Added the box pleats and skirt. Added hot pink buttons and a ribbon belt but thought it looked too country.



Took off the country parts and added a belt and vintage yellow buttons. oh how I love vintage buttons!! Perfect!

Lylah wearing the dress and socks after the re-re-do. The shirt was taken in and darts were put in the back.

2 comments:

  1. great job! I think it looks awesome AND I love the sweet little smile your model has in the pictures. I love the addition of the buttons on the dress as well, very nice indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny--that is too cute--I love it--great job--I love the buttons--I thought of you the other day--this lady makes vintage button rings---too cute--and very exspensive--but also saw a book on buttons---very nice--see you soon!
    love you
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.