"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Lori's Birthday and a "Cake Wreck"

It was Auntie Lori's birthday several days ago.

For her birthday I made my own cake wreck complete with carrot jockeys, misspelled words, and poor punctuation. It was my Great Grandma Blazer's carrot cake recipe underneath all the wreckieness and it was so yummy, as always.I can brag on the cake because it was not MY cake but G.Grandmother Blazer's. It's so simple and yet so unbelievably tasty! Do you want the recipe? Leave a comment and I will post it.

Here is Lylah saying how happy she is that Aunt Lori will have a birthday and a cake and could she please have a bitty, tiny, little lick of icing right now, please.



Here is the whole cake. It reads: "Happy" ANglE and Lory!! Lori's long time friend Angel had birthday a day or so before Lori and was in town on a visit. So we celebrated for both of them.



A little close up of the cake jockeys. They sure were fun to make.



I realize now that I have no pictures of the birthday girls with the cake...oops. It was fun to enjoy the joke with them. We all read the Cake Wrecks blog and were familiar with the original carrot jockey post. Now you can enjoy it too. Good times.

After the lunch and cake part of the party, we went outside to fly kites. It was a warm and windy day and we had a blast. Here are several pictures of all the kite flying and sweet memories of the day.

We had a wonderful time in the sun and wind. The kites flew pretty well. Aunt Carol got the big kite up pretty high and Lylah "helped" her fly it. Pretty soon the birds of prey were circling around because they saw the kite. Llyah ran around with "the cousins" and followed the youngest up and down a sand hill. We all took off our shoes and enjoyed the cool grass, but Lylah's feet were the cutest. She wore her make up purse on the crook of her arm the whole day. When we packed up to go home, she was so tired. She usually never falls asleep in the car, but she could not help herself.

It was a very happy day. It was perfectly, perfect. Happy family. Lovely weather. Celebrating people we love. Can't ask for more.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun day! It looked like the perfect place to be!

    I love the cake wrecks site. I only just went last week after seeing it linked in a blog I read and I was hooked instantly. I have never read the one you used for inspiration here though - I will have to go and check it out. I am SURE they loved the cake. It is a fantastic recipe.

    Happy (late) birthday to "Lory".

    ReplyDelete
  2. What nice pictures--and what a nice day--love the toes picture--what a cuteie Lylah is--love the hair--she looked like she was having fun--good last picture for proof of what a fun day can do to you!!!! I loved the cake too funny--love the little jockies--and ofcourse we all love the cake!!!! Thank you Grandmother Blazer

    Love you
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, the little sweetie! It was a wonderful birthday. My best friend, my family, and my kids all around! It really was (as Lylah says) lovely. :) Thanks for the birthday wishes.
    Auntie L

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.