"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Our "Little House" Christmas


Here is our home on Christmas morning.  The snow is about 18 inches deep!  We had to tie a rope to Glen and send him out to the barn for the presents  so he could hold on to it and find his way back to the house.  Meanwhile, Hester Sue and I sang "Sweet Little Jesus Boy" and relived our Christmases of the past.  Do you know this episode of Little House on the Prarie?  I love it and watch it every year.  And this year we lived it a bit.  Well not really, but the snow was pretty bad (and I may have pretended to be Blind Mary a time or two on the way to the potty at 2 am in the dark....you never know when you might need to navigate blindly.  Luckily I have practiced for about 25 years now).   We were home bound but we were cozy and happy to be together.  Lylah loved all her gifts and was so excited to open them and play with them.


 Here she is opening a stocking gift.  We got her her own gum.  She is obsessed with gum.  She was so thrilled and said, " I can't believe it!  My own, own pink gum!"









 Aunt Lori and Lylah giving her new doll house a try.









Her favorite gift of the day was several gifts in one.  Glen worked really hard on turning the basement into a play space for her and Lori helped him get it painted.  (I was on a creative rampage most of this time).  In the basement we put her tent from Grammy and Papa Blazer, her train from Aunt Lori, her Dora the Explorer doll house from Grammy and Papa Jones, and her blocks.  But the biggest hit was the leaf shaped swing I found at the teacher store in town.  She LOVES the swing.  Instant hit!



    Here is a video of the Game she made up for her swing and tent together.  She told Glen that she could never believe it to have a tent and a swing in her house.  She is so animated.


It was about the best day ever.  We enjoyed family traditions and we saw the tremendous excitement in Lylah's eyes over all things Christmas, and we were together.  Lylah looked out at the snow later in the day...it was still snowing...and said, "Isn't this a beautiful Christmas day?!"  My sentiments exactly.  I believe it was the most beautiful Christmas day.

1 comment:

  1. If I know you ---it WAS a beautiful Christmas day--what a lucky little girl to have a mommy and daddy like you and Glenn

    Love you-mean it!!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.