"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

First Christmas of 2009

We had a wonderful Christmas Eve last Saturday night at Lori's house. Glen's sister lives just a couple of blocks over from us and she hosted the festivities for all of us for the first time. It was an easy-going and cozy night. We milled around and at yummy treats and snacks, including Lori's Oreo Balls!!, and had plenty of time to chat and watch the cousins play together. Lylah loves her Aunt Lori for many reasons and she really loves how silly Lori is for her. She put on quite a show for her Uncle Scott too. He chased her with the video camera and she thought that was lots of fun. Lori's house has a floor plan that will make a complete circle if you go through all the rooms, so Lylah was able to use it as a racetrack. She chased and was chased in return by her cousins and Uncle Scott. No better game than that for her!

We had Christmas at Glen's parents' house on Sunday. I had the camera out a lot but no real pictures to speak of. We ate yummy food and talked and opened presents and chatted more. The kids seemed to get their wishes granted and everyone played with contentment for the rest of the afternoon. Good times!!

I wanted Lylah to have a special dress for Christmas but I also did not want to go out an buy a dress for a one time use. I have a real problem with the thought process behind the need to have tons of expense tied up in a toddler's wardrobe. But I wanted a sweet dress for her and I loved her dress from last year. So I refashioned it and added a 3 inch green velvet band around the bottom to give it more length. It fit like a dream and looked so Christmas-y and sweet. My first refashion! I really loved the way it turned out. I tried to get a few shots of it from different views.



A moving target as always...

Opening a present. She got really good at opening gifts. She helped me open mine too. She became an expert quick ripper.
She loved all her goodies. We will have to do major toy shuffle to fit in all the new stuff from all her family here and from my side too. Everyone was so generous to her. She has lots of fuel for her budding imagination.

Playing with her train track with her cousins.



Lylah got to watch The Heffalump Movie with Grandma in the afternoon. Poor Grandma had to work all night and was needing a rest. So she got a few winks in during a Winnie the Pooh viewing with Lylah. Lylah made sure Gramma got the full thrill out of all of her favorite parts.

I am so excited for our family Christmas too. I am needing to get a few things done for Glen and Lylah too. My art space looks like a tornado hit a Michael's Craft Store. I just can't seem to reorganize as I go. Better get back to it though. More later...

1 comment:

  1. love all the new pictures and stories. It sounds like you all have had quite the celebration!

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.