"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Bunny Hoop

Well it has been a while again and I have a very good reason.  I have been as busy as a bee or a beaver (whichever you prefer).  We have completed a MAJOR renovation in Lylah's room and I have also done several crafty projects related to that.  Oh, yeah, and we have all been sick with colds followed by the flu followed by another cold (followed by an ear infection for Lylah).  So,needless to say, we have been a little out of commission.

But enough of the sob story....I am currently off work for the 3rd day in a row for snow and ice.  A 3 day paid vacation on the heels of a big room redo makes me happy.  We never lost power and we had plenty of groceries and time for art and decorating.  Lylah has been quite the artist.  She has been painting and drawing all day.  Her pictures are getting recognizable and pretty well done (if I do say so myself).  I think she got the artist gene YIPPEE!

I thought I would show you a sneak peek of the bedroom but mostly a little bunny hoop.

Here is the bunny hoop.  The bunny cross stitch has been in the family since the 80's.  I have always Loved it and my mom lovingly gave it to me several months ago.  I intended it to be in Mae's room along with a couple of other things, but I revamped it and made it over for Lylah's room instead.  I adore it even more now.  For me it has so much history.  I bought the buttons I used for the flowers after Anna passed away and have been intending to use them for a remembrance for her.  The bunnies I intended for Mae's room.  So the two of them together seems appropriate.  The cross stitch was in a lovely 80's DUSTY ROSE frame and mat.  So I took it out and put it into the trendy hoop.  I then added the button flowers and I completely adore the whole thing.  I mean I ADORE it.  it might be my favorite thing I have ever revamped/made.  Family history, personal history and a lovely addition to Lylah's new big girl room...love it !!

OK now for the sneak peek...
Lylah in her big girl bed.

Lylah standing by her book rails.   More to come soon.

1 comment:

  1. I love what I can see of the big room makeover! I can't wait to see more. I love the shelves. I wanted to make some like that for Celie's special books, but we just never did it and now there is really not a space for it. I love the bunny hop! I thought the cross stitch looked familiar but I love the story behind the revamp. I can see why it is your favorite piece. What a bummer that you have been sick! This is the worst time of year.And I am not sure how people handle ice/snow storms! It is a balmy 65 here today and when it gets much cooler, I think it is too cold to even be outside!!!!! Maybe highs around 45, that is too cold for me. I love the post, keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.