"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow Rangers and a Polar Bear Bath

So today was the 4th snow day in a row.  I technically could have gone to work today, but classes were canceled and I chose to stay home with Crazy Cakes instead.  We wasted no time getting started with our day.  Bright and early we were up AND DRESSED in real clothes.   I was working on the attic craft space and Lylah was writing a story.  I wrote down her dictation and apparently the world is full f carnage today.  One piece of a story was quite tragic yet told in a very mater of fact way as follows:  "Well the baby kitten was yelling and she said, 'help! help! I am stuck inside a Loin's mouth!'  Then her Grandma came and helped her out of the lion.  Then they cooked her up in a soup.  Why?  Well, because had been inside the lion's mouth and she had already been chewed...."  There several stories involving coyotes on top of "pyramints" and how jump on you when you look up just like the Woozles in Winnie the Pooh.  And they went on and on. She has been very interested in stories and learning to read and writing her own books and drawing the pictures.  It was so cute and a fun look into her thought processes and development.
After out writing and un-cleaning we got bundled up, gathered snow man supplies and trekked out into the 14 inches of snow to make a snow Lylah.  But it has been very windy and the snow was no good for snow building.  So she made a quick SNOW RANGER and then we changed the plans.


What a cute snow ranger!

I gathered up three giant tubs of snow to turn our bathtub into a sensory table.  I had intended to bring in tubs of snow and let her play with it in the dining room, but Aunt Lori told me that a friend had brought it in and put it in the tub.  I find that idea brilliant!  It just melts away and the mess is gone.  Genius!
So she squirted blue water into the snow and learned how to such water into a medicine dropper and built snow castles.  She even got in in her snow bibs that Grandma Jones gave her.  She had lots of fun, but decided that she better stop and help me make snow Ice Cream.  So we did.
This is the crazy face I get most every time I pull out the camera.
One last look at our snow castle.  Lylah says it looks like the one at Disney world and oh how she would love to see it for real.

Snow ice Cream:
Pile of snow in a bowl
dollop of Sweetened Condensed Milk
Stir and enjoy---I think it tastes a lot like home made ice cream.  Icy and rich.

These pictures are in order of how they happened.  The last one of her with a cold face was not posed (although it looks like I told her to do it).  She had just eaten too much too fast and frozen her little teeth or mouth.  She also told me how I was the best mommy in the world and I got several kisses.  Maybe this is like me needing to hug people when I find a splendid antique or button.


Well that's our snow day!

1 comment:

  1. Well I will try to answer but I don't think it will come thru--you are the best mommy in the world--looks like fun

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.