"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

He Loves Me Hoop

I have been loving the embroidery hoop designs I have been making lately.  I have seen some on the blogs, but not just like mine.  I would link you to some that are awesome...but I tend to look a lot and not remember where they came from unless they are from a fave spot.  I should get better about that and the post would be reeally cool.  But you only get my stuff today.

I found this cast off bolt of fabric at "WalMark's" a few months ago for cheap and  loved the look of it.  It has a wood grain look and is so very fun.  You know I love all things woodsy and forest-ish and this fabric fit right in (except for the fact that it is obviously not a natural fiber and is quite slick and synthetic.)  So the feel and type of the fabric is "meeeh, not so much.."  But the look is right, so I overlooked the feel.


I intended to make the hoop as a gift for Glen for Christmas and make it look like our initials were carved in a tree.  I am sure I still will at some point.  But this one turned into a hoop to celebrate how much we are loved by our God.  It has come to my heart like a ton of bricks how much I am loved by Jesus- maybe as a direct result of deep sadness and human tragedy and the loss of our third baby girl.  It is amazing how God is so good and comforts us so much when we are so broken.  I have learned that I am in God's care and how all things are filtered through his grace and mercy for our good and his glory.  I paraphrased that last from our Sunday School teacher (and small group leader) who put the thoughts better than I could and spoke the thoughts of my heart.   So the love note for Glen turned into a love note from Jesus instead and I really love the way it turned out.
 
I am not so sure the picture does the hoop justice.  I used a branch and acorns from one of our favorite trees around the corner and traced the leaf to make felt leaves.  The verses are from

Romans 8:37-39
we are more than victorious     through Him who loved us.
  For I am persuaded that neither death nor life,
    nor angels nor rulers, 
    nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,
  nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing
    will have the power to separate us
    from the love of God  that is in Christ Jesus our Lord!

 Nothing can separate us from God's love.  There are so many other verses I could have selected for the same "He Loves Me" theme, but I liked this one at the time.   I am sure I will add more to the collection.  I love the idea of the wood carved sentiment.  I feel like I could get started on another one tonight.  But I have a Lylah's Room project to finish.  So I will get that done so I can show you her room completed.

Maybe one more sneak peek.


This is her little table and chairs with Lylah and Friend place mats and a real vase with fake flowers.  I debated doing some sort of mod podge on the table top but I think I am going to go with a "less is more" approach.  Curiosity peeked?  Maybe not, but this was such a big deal for me I feel like I cannot show it until it is all the way done.  And it's not done yet.  So hang tight.

1 comment:

  1. I love the hoop. I also love the big girl room. I need to have you all over again sometime. :o) <3 Auntie L

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.