"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Wit and Wisdom from a 2 year old


Here is a bit of wisdom from the wilderness explorer to you. She is pictured here with a large icicle before they all melted away. It was a sword and a unicorn horn. Oh the imagination!

Lylah: Mommy, I don't like rats.
Me: You don't? Why not?
Lylah: Because they have stinky, smelly bottoms.

Lylah: Did you know there's a baby in my tummy?
Me: Really?
Lylah: oh, yes! It is growing and growing and I can't wait to show it to you. And I am so excited for you to love it too. I will change the poopy diapers and feed her bottles, too.
Me: Oh, well I can't wait to see it. Does your baby have a name?
Lylah: Oh yes! It is Orange Blossom. She is pink and tiny. Daddy has a baby in his tummy too. His baby is black. Watch how I drink my chocolate mink and my baby drank it too.

We ate at Arby's for supper the other night. After dinner she said...
Lylah: Did we eat roast beef?
Glen: Yes we did. Wasn't it yummy?
Lylah: Oh yes! And Daddy, do the piggies eat roast beef?
Glen: Yes. And then they cry "weee, wee, weee" all the way home.
Lylah: Oh. Daddy, you're a pig.
(then we all laughed--Lylah because she made a funny joke and us because it really was pretty funny)


Lylah: Mommy, do you know how babies come out of their mommy's tummy?
Me: (yes I do but what is she going to say) How?
Lylah: They climb out with a ladder and jump onto a pillow and then jump to their mommies. Just like that!
Babies are her favorite topic right now. She does some fancy mothering around here. Sweet. She read her baby all of the Mother Goose rhymes from a book at the top of her voice today. Babies love that, I understand.


Good times at our house. There are so many other funnies...but you really have to see them happen to appreciate them. And then there's the the 'bore them to tears' factor that will keep me from telling too many more. Sometimes "enough is as good as a feast," as Mary Poppins would say.

I posted today after saying I was taking a break. But, really I will be taking a small break. See you soon.

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture! She is really owning those sunglasses!

    I love hearing stuff kids say - they are so clever. And CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie--people at work are all the time asking me what Lylah is talking about now--they think she is too funny--I have to agree--one of my favorite subjects is funny things she says--love it!!! thank you for making my day--love the unicorn/sword--wow she is smart

    Grammy---kissy kissy

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.