"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Chick-fil-A and Chickies


What is this random construction picture?

Oh, friends!!! Let me tell you! It's a Chick-fil-A! They are building one in my town. All the silly Mid-Westerners that live here think it's just a fast food chicken place. Chick-fil-A has never been in this part of the country and is only trickling in. They don't know the magnitude. They have never experienced the pickle-topped, buttered-bunned, special-seasoned, fried in peanut oil, delight that is a Chick-fil-A chicken sandwich. They don't know about the waffle fries from Heaven or the perfect Iced Tea that I, a good Southern Girl, grew fat (I mean grew up) on. I, however, am in excited anticipation for my all-time-fave-fast- food-joint-ever-in-the-world to open.

They say it will be May. I say come on May!! I have heard that the first 100 people will get free Chick-fil-A for a year. I am having an internal discussion over whether I want to camp out in a tent, or sleep in a lawn chair in front of the building before the grand opening. I mean, should I take a vacation day? How many days in advance should I be on the curb outside the building? Is now too early? Seriously, I want me some me Chicken Sandwich...but I can't be on the news. I mean...the general public (acquaintances in town and parents of my preschoolers and such) they think I'm sane. I can't blow my cover by camping at my Mecca for a sandwich...can I?

We'll revisit the fil-A later. Maybe I will document it's progress...or would that, again, be too obsessed?!

The rest of my very long post is about more chicken related activities. It being spring and all, our local Tractor Supply Company has received their shipment of chicks and ducks. We went to pay them a visit.

Cuteness ensued.
The ducks were all gone. But the chicks were so cute.


There was a low tub Lylah sat beside and watched them all hop around. At one point she was
telling them she loved them and calling them sweethearts and talking to them sweetly. She was pretty concerned we had not brought bread for them like we do for the ducks at the park. She kept saying, "I'm sorry, little sweeties, I don't have anything for you." I showed her the feeders and she felt better for them. She got up the courage to put her hand in and they came running up. She said they nibbled her finger and was so tickled by it. I didn't even realize that I had gotten a picture of it happening. I just love her little hands in this picture.

There were some really tiny ones, too. She never got the courage to hold one. But she kissed a couple and was happy to see them up close. It was pretty fun.


Here is one from last year. She held a little chick reeeealy tight and gave it a smooch.

I love this tradition. I love springtime. I have some fun posts for this week related to Easter and spring. Can't wait to be back in the game.

6 comments:

  1. I love these pictures! And I love the little sweeties! It is so sweet what kids pick up from hearing you say it.

    I am not sure what I would do about CFA. I mean, free for a YEAR?!?!?!? I would totally be there extra early to make sure I was one of the lucky 100. I am glad you posted again. I have missed your blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah you are back i missed the blogs--did i tell you grandma fretwell reads you every day---love the pictures.
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may not want ot hear this butt-----you look just like me Jenny--
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please camp out. You have to get it FREE FOR A YEAR! Is that even accurate? Do some recon, call corporate and if they confirm, CAMP OUT. Take a day off. You have to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think i will camp out...I long for a "sammy" (as Rachel Ray would say) right now. Of course that my be the lack of bread and sugar from the diet--no bad carbs. I have a vacation day or two coming to me. I think I may be at the chickie. Maybe the lack of knowledge about the place will work in my favor. But then there are military people here too...any we all know they have been (or grew up in the South). I may be doomed. I'll keep you all posted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see it's coming along nicely. I would think it would be easily ready by May! I might have to camp with you! lol
    Auntie L

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.