"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Monday, March 8, 2010

My Little Cuppy-Cakes

I bought my own thing at UCP's silent auction. Some thought I just could not let my little cakes go, but that was not wholly the case.

It was for a good cause. And I thought I might try to see if I could sell them on ETSY.

I was not about to let my little cupcakes, that I never got a picture of, go for only $17 dollars.

So I am now the proud owner of the cupcakes... again. I figured they could could be my first items for sale.

Wanna see them?!!

I want to show them to you.



Hear they are as a set in the box.













And there you have it. I made 4 cupcakes with 4 mix-and-match icing tops.

But I don't know what to do. I need some advice. Should I sell them as a set? Set of 2? Set of 4? Or should I try to sell them individually? They are all able to stand alone and are stuffed very firmly with reinforced sides. So they are structurally sound.

What about the pictures? Are they OK looking to you? Help me folks! I am too close to see it.

I got a business card (idea)together too. I will show you when I perfect it for the shop banner and product tags. I am on the verge of really getting this thing going! Yippee!

Please give me advice on what to do. I promise I will make my own choices in the future rather than bug you with details...I am tentative because I am a "newbie." Help the newbie.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my word - I LOVE the cupcakes and their holder! How stinking cute! I am glad I got to see them.

    I think I would either do a set of 2 or 4. Probably 4.

    Pictures look great. Glad there is a white backdrop. My only editing advice would be maybe to use a free online program to brighten them up a little. And maybe picture them next to something else - or Lylah playing with them, so the buyer could get an idea of scale.

    I love them though! Well done. As usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny--those are adorable--thanks for the picture--I would love some---hint hint--but then I love anything you make--my accorns are hanging in my kitchen on my book rack that holds my cookbooks--Cindy loved them--me too--I would sell them in sets of 2 and 4--I didn't know you could knit--ofcourse you can--you can do anything--smart girl
    love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot knit!! I tried it and I HATE it. I told myself that I can do so many other things that not to knit was not a shame. I like the look of knit things. I love for people to give them to me. I cannot do it myself. The icing tops are little girl socks. I cut off the cuff and make a tiny stocking cap out of them. Then I put the felt embelishments on top. So the secret is out. I am glad you like the way they look, though. Jenny

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.