"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

bibs and a "willing" assistant





Hello again. I spent last weekend getting back into some crafting. I Made 3 bibs for Lylah and I also stripped a table and cleaned the oven. The latter 2 projects I will elaborate on later. The bibs I made for 2 reasons ( maybe more if I start writing and thinking about them). #1 We just bought Lylah some new clothes and she reallly gets into her "skoo-weppi" (aka spaghetti). #2 I really needed to MAKE some stuff. I have been given several people's ex-craft stash as of late and I have a lot of new material to use. #3 I have a need to get my creative stuff going. I really wanted to start this blog and an ETSY shop all at once, but I did not have even a scrap of handmade anything to put in a shop....I do now. At least a bit of something. #4 I needed to get my sewing chops again after so long so that I can finish a certain niece's Christmas stocking in time for decorating season. #5 I needed to do something to feel like ME again. So I guess that is 5 reasons.
Any who, I made 3 bibs and they got progressively cuter as the bib making went on. I loved the 3rd one the best. It is a fall-ish plaid with acorns embroidered on it. I now have a basic pattern that I will use to make more. They are all apron-style and tie in the back in a way that makes the nesck adjustable and makes the bib not so easy to PULL off, ( like my kid likes to do). Fun, Fun, Fun! I thought, for the sake of the blog, I would have Lylah put each of them on and model for me. Our camera has a rapid speed whatever, but I was not really able to catch such a quickly moving target. So I will post what I got and try to take some ETSY quality photos on a non-moving dummy or a two year old in a reallllly cooperative mood. But I won't hold my breath on the second one.
I said I would explain the table stripping and oven cleaning. I did those because they were projects I was unable to do as a pregnant person. That and eat lunch meat and blue cheese. But I decided to do those projects as an optimistic thing. I want the projects to be done (and done right--hence MY doing them), and so I chose to do them now with the thought that I will not be able to get them done in the near future. See, positive thinking! Truth is, there is a lot more to the whole miscarriage thing and I am still pretty heartbroken and a little ( and sometimes a lot) scared to try again. But I am trying to live in the moment and live my life with hope and faith and courage. Sounds great as I write it now....but you were not here about an hour ago when I was in the "depths of despair" over my entire existence. That was a pitty party to behold and I am soooo not proud of it. But I will move froward. As Marilla Cuthbert would say, " to despair it turn your back on God." There is truth there. I am endeavoring to NOT BE A QUITTER even though I was really wanting to go there a short while ago.
So here's to getting things rolling in the right direction. Yippee!! Today I celebrate progress to come.

2 comments:

  1. I love the bibs. And reason #4 in your list of reasons you wanted to get going again. :):)

    I have given up on bibs with celie. She rips those suckers off like it is her job. She actually like to be stripped down when she goes to eat dinner. I guess her OCD mother is starting a bad trend in that department.

    I think your bibs are adorable though and am looking forward to what you put in your ETSY shop. I am glad you are back to blogging as well. I had an enormous pity party last week too, but am back to "normal" now. The scary thing is "normal" is frightening enough!

    Love you

    OH - and it is funny you brought up the rat tail/snack bar incident on my blog the other day b/c Matthew and I were just talking about the funniest thing that happened while we worked together. Of course, that story took the cake. I was laughing so hard I cried. Then I had to go back to work with a mascara stained face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bibs--maybe one for each child in your class for painting--but I can't wait to see the ETSY shop--you sure look like me Jenny---especially with your hair short--my you sure are pretty!!!! (you really are)
    love you
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.