"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Friday, October 16, 2009

Halloween Rememberings






Here is a little peek at Lylah's Halloween costumes from her first and second Halloween. The top one is a hat and bib my Mom sent for her. She was very cute as a little black cat. The second few are of the costume I had planned for her first Halloween before she was born. i made the whole thing and loved it. It had sweet tulle wings on the back to. I loved the hat the most because I was able to get the antenna to stand up and the little flowers were just right. She was about 5 months old in these.
The third group is from last year. She was almost a year and a half in these. I made her and owl costume by pinning the wings, front, back, and head piece on a brown sweater. She wore her brown shoes and brown leggings with it too. The real topper was the glasses which I thought made the "owl-ish"part. I colored the beak on her nose with a washable marker. (You should click on the one of her sitting on the steps to see it bigger and get the full cuteness of her expression.) It was fun to make and she loved wearing it, but maybe it did not look as much like an owl as I would have wanted. Several people saw her and not one said Owl. They said several other birds: turkey, rooster, chicken...no owl. But she was cute in the suit even if she was not totally recognizable as an owl.
This year I have grandiose Ideas of making her into a Woodland Fairy/Gnome with a mushroom hat. But then I second guess that and think she would be cute as many a different thing. Whatever the case, I have not started and time is a tickin' Help me!!! Any ideas? I am trying to keep clear of "princess anything" since I am sure we have a few years of self chosen princess costumes around the corner.

3 comments:

  1. how cute and tiny!!!! it is always hard to remember how small kids were!!!!! I love seeing the year after year pictures though. adorable! I love the Owl. I think you are right though, it would be too small for us (thanks for offering). She is too cute in all of them. I am still at a loss for what we will dress Celie as. And it is only 2 weeks away. I feel pressured at this point. And I hate that feeling. Someone else gave me the idea of a peacock. Could be really cute. I am not going to use it b/c I can't make that and I don't want to pay a fortune to buy one made. I thought about copping out and doing a (lame but possibly cute) canycorn outfit. I am not really sold on that though. Maybe you could make her just a mushroom?!?!? how ADORABLE would that be? Tell me if you are going to do that, if not, I may try to make that one, I love a good, whimsical mushroom.

    I am sure whatever you make her, she will be adorable in it. She is too cute. I could just eat her cheeks up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmwwwwaaaahhhhhaaaaahhhhaaaaa. I just saw this costume. This kid looks so sad.

    http://costumepop.com/kids-costumes/garden-gnome-mushroom-costume/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see pictures of her in her costume--whatever you make her will be too cute--lucky girl to have such a creative mommy
    Grammy

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.