"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Friday, October 16, 2009

Pudding Patrole



I thought I would add a couple of pictures of Lylah and I making pudding form scratch. She was VERY eager to help make the pudding and even more eager to eat it. She ran to get her apron and hat she got for Christmas last year and stirred away at the ingredients in her bowl. When Glen got home, she ran to him and told him what we had been up to. She was so excited by it that she was almost screaming. It had to set up in the fridge for a couple of hours before it was ready, so for those 2 hours she did everything she was asked with gusto because of anticipating the pudding.

She loves to help in the kitchen so much and I hope she will continue to do so. I enjoy cooking and would love to impart that joy to her too. Someone else will have to impart the joy of cleaning up the kitchen afterward. I cannot seem to make myself do that piece. But I guess the key will be MAKING myself do it anyway. I mean who LIKES to clean the kitchen ( other than my mom and grandma--they seem to LIVE for it.)

Pudding was tolerable. I think I like instant where you just stir in the milk best. Maybe because that is what I am used to. Glen and Lylah loved the homemade kind. I will have t make it one more time to test the buds on the flavor again. I am feel a batch of cookies coming on for the weekend though...

2 comments:

  1. How cute is she?? I loved looking at these pictures of my cutie Lylah--looks like you two have quite the fun in the kitchen--she will be a good cook like her mommy!!!
    Grammy Blazer

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know, I am also partial to most things made from a box. All the time and effort of making the stuff from scratch kind of negates any superiority in flavor the from scratch may have had. :) I am sure it was adorable to watch Lylah help though and it was clearly a crowd pleaser. I can't wait for Celie to start really helping us in the kitchen. She helps me clean a lot these days, sweeping with her "broom" is this week's favorite. (dang I can't wait until she likes to sweep for REAL). I love the pictures. And the commentary.

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.