"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Monday, September 28, 2009

A Proud and a Paper Preschooler

I have crafted something for the first time in I can't remember when!!! Yipee!! A couple of weeks ago I sent home a roll of paper with an outline tracing of the child with each of the children in my classes. Sent home as a "do with your family project", the goal was to make a paper preschooler and send it back to school. I would then display them in the hall for a super visual for Open house ( coming up next week). We have has a great response and were running out of space in the hall and I needed to get Lylah done so we could get her on the wall. So I traced her on the paper and she painted her arms and head and hands. Then on a separate paper she painted random colors that she was interested in. When it was all done I collaged it all together in an Eric Carle kind of way. You may remember his techniques from The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Brown Bear. I added a few of her favorite things represented in photographs. She modeled her "duck boots," (duck slippers) and I took a picture of one of her favorite books, Peter Rabbit, and her Olivia stuffed animal. Glen was pretty sure I might be overdoing my project ( in my usual way) and possibly "showing up' the other families. But I assured him that there were plenty of pretty fancy specimens on the wall and Lylah would not totally stand out. But in the end, hers was pretty cute and I loved it. You will see by Lylah's proud face that she loves it too. She went and got her duck boots, Olivia, and book to show me that they match before she ate breakfast that next morning. I pieced it together after she went to bed so she did not see it until she got up.
It is a fun project though. Got my creative juices flowing. She visits her paper self every day before and after school. Proud of her "Good Job, Yaiya!"


It was been a long and heartbreaking weekend this weekend. I will write more soon. Right now I am tired and in need of some serious sleep. My final thoughts for today are that God is good and He loves me and us all so much. I am clinging to this today and to the song we sang in church yesterday by the David Crowder Band "oh how he Loves Us". It's beautiful and speaks so well to my soul just now. Do you know the David Crowder Band? They have wonderful and beautiful style that speaks to me so well. Fleshes out the words I feel and believe toward Jesus so perfectly. I love to praise God with song and then have such with songs and they have such beautiful songs of praise. Give them a listen. More later. Bed for Me.

3 comments:

  1. That is adorable! you can tell how proud she is of her Lylah self. Really cute idea.

    You can also tell how much she loves posing for the camera. What a cutie pie.

    We are praying for you. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With every beat of my heart and every breath I take I love you and your pressious family--thank you for who you are and for giving us Lylah

    Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. love to you. DCB is wonderful at putting words to those inexpressible thoughts... feelings. thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.