"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Couldn't have done it without GPS!!

I went to my college friend Lisa's wedding on September 4th. It came together as a mini college reunion as there were 7 of our college girls group there for the event. Everyone has been doing a great job of keeping in touch and even getting together yearly, for the most part, ever since we all graduated. The last of the bunch got done in 1998. I really can't believe it's been that long. Now I will say the cliche line, " I feel so old." But it's true. I still feel like it was just the year before last or something. Maybe that has something to do with us all keeping up with each other or maybe it has something to do with the fact that I still feel like I really haven't grown up yet.... Who knows.
Any who, the weekend was a blast. We all piled in one hotel suite and drove around Minneapolis in a caravan of rentals and my car. we defiantly could not have made it without our GPS. I don't know how we ever did it before. Well I guess we just had to pay attention to our surroundings. I have found with the GPS that I just do what she tells me and don't try to remember my way because she will get me there with her persistent, "Turn Right....recalculating...TURN RIGHT." I have a serious problem with distinguishing my left and right. I believe it's a bit of dyslexia that also manifests itself in my spelling issues and reading speed. I digress... The point is that the blessed GPS said, " turn right," and I would always begin to glide left. So there was always a designated passenger assigned to keeping me going to the actual right and not my own crazy way.
It was a great weekend full of LOTS of deep, and not so deep, conversation and lots of activity. I came home POOPED out and had to go right back to work. I am afraid the classroom suffered that week as I was a ZOMBIE all week long. I was really wanting to be a faithful post-er, but alas, I was a pooped out pregnant person trying to hang on for the weekend and a little rest.

Top Picture: Here is Me, Lisa ( the bride), Loveday, and Amy
Second down: Alicia, Me, (Jennifer) Loveday, and Nicole at the reception
3rd down: Me and Amy
4th down: Me and Loveday
5th down: Lisa and Kerry dancing to "Dancing Queen" put in the mix as a tribute to "the Cumbrland Girls"
6th Down: Beth, Loveday and Nicole dancing to "I Like Big Butts" yes it was on the play list...the crowd went crazy. You should have seen Lisa's grandparents dancing to it...totally oblivious to the words I hope.

Here are a few shots of the most wonderful wedding I think I have ever attended. It was such a celebration and the reception was so fun too. The service was such a worship experience and I could feel the love and excitement for the couple in the air. every person in the place was thrilled for them and celebrating the union for Jesus and for each other and others that their marriage would bring. Seriously, it was so neat to be there. Sometimes the guys your friends end up with you just think to yourself, " Well she must love him and he must not be SO bad if she loves him..." But not in this case. He was just so perfect for her. I'm so happy for them.

1 comment:

  1. Hey where is a picture of the danceing Queen??? You--all the others are so pretty of you--you do look beautiful my sweet Jenny girl

    Mom

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.