"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Pretty Scary But All Better Now

We went to the emergency room Monday morning after I went to get Lylah up for the day and she was unable to stand or walk. She just kept falling over and said her legs felt wiggly. She did not have any pain to complain of and had had no falls or anything serious happen recently. She was running no temp and seemed otherwise fine. But to have your super duper motor child not be able to run, or walk, or jump, or stand is a big, scary thing. She was pretty excited to be in the hospital. I got this very adorable picture of her laying down in her hospital bed. And you can see she is not at all upset to be there ( as we all were). I took my camera so that I could document her walking in case it got worse. I did not think to video her when it first was happening and she could not stand or walk at all. I got her about an hour later when she was able to walk but walked like her foot was asleep and her walking was a like like a twisted waddle. She looked like the little sweeties I work with at school who have CP. I was worried. We were all worried. They sent us home with no answers and we were all worried.

She got Black Cookies at lunch and was ( in retrospect) beginning to feel bad. She just kept saying, " Mommy, oh Mommy Mommy... Hold me like a baby, please"

Later in the day she started a fever and was really feeling bad. We rushed her back to the ER and she said in the car, " Mommy get me out of this seat. I NeeeeD Medicine. Make me feel better, please. Ok Ok Ok Ok " It was heartbreaking. She had a cough and congestion and got choked up and puked on herself as we pulled up to the ER. That was very upsetting to her and she just wanted to be cleaned off. They did more X-rays of her chest and throat culture and flu test and it was all negative. Dr. gave her an antibiotic for a red throat ( probably not necessary ) and we went home again with still no real answer.
Today I took her to her Dr Bartulica. ( which she can say and it is so cute). He said the he saw another child Lylah's age this week with the exact same thing. They had been to the children's hospital and gotten some blood drawn ( I thought they should have done something like that here but they didn't) and it showed a viral thing that will work itself out. After 24 hours the other child was functioning normally too. So I feel much better about the whole thing. He said it is not COMMON but it is not unheard of that a child will have a symptom like the inability to use her legs as a result of a viral thing. it clears up quickly and leaves no ill affects behind. So PRAISE GOD!!! She is fine, except for the getting over a respiratory cold thing. She has a hard time when she is stuffy. Can't breathe through her nose exclusively and so she cannot suck her fingers and sleep like usual. She even told me today, " Mommy, I can't get my fingers in my mouth... my nose a yucky" So it will be another long night of me going back and forth from her room every 30 min to an hour when she wakes up over and over. But I'll take and love it. She is OK and I am so happy. So thankful. Jesus answered our prayers again. Thank you Jesus.

3 comments:

  1. You must have been so scared when all this happened. Thank God Lylah is alright now.

    By the way,I am visiting from Sarah's blog. My name is Marci and I am married to Matthew's brother Adam.

    I read back to when you started your blog. It was very interesting and I admire the things you said about living intentionally. We all need live that way and I think a blog is a great way to be held accountable.

    I look forward to reading your future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My poor Lylah--I have never prayed so hard in my life--I was scared too--I just wanted to be there with you--I hate when things like this happen and I feel so far away---I loved my message from Lylah on the phone--she has the sweetest voice--I kept it on my phone and listen to it when I miss her--which is every day!!!

    Grammy Blazer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tahnks Marci. I have looked at you blog off and on too. the kids are so cute. I know Sarah enjoys you and them too.

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.