"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My life "in quotes"

I read somewhere that my generation is a group of people who speak in movie quotes. I cannot speak for everyone here,but I think I might be the epitome of this thought. Pretty much anything someone says to me will be filtered by move lines and then (whether I say it or not) a movie line comes to my mind. Case in point: My sweet Lylah loves to rhyme now. She really has the concept down pat and she can rhyme anything. Sad though, that at school the other day our Librarian was reading a book called Rhyming Dust Bunnies and asked, "What rhymes with dog?" My kid said blog!! Oh my!!

Anyway, back to my point. She begins to rhyme and I immediately jump to The Princess Bride. Anyone with me? I know you are!

I thought it might be fun to list some of my favorite quotes and see how many of the movies you can guess. some will definitely be easy and others maybe not so much. No Googleing or whatnot. Ah, the Game is afoot!

In no particular order:

1.We're not going anywhere...Hey! Where're you going?
2.It's precisely the point of a loooong dining table.
3.Oh, isn't butter divinity!
4.Be gone J.Evans Pritchard PhD!
5.Don't you think daisies are the friendliest flower?
6.Sorry I lost your set of steak knives.
7.I do not think you would accept my help since I am only waiting around to kill you.
8.Would you like to partake of the pecan pie?
9.I'm exhaustified of being the boy.
10.I fear I am ill qualified to recommend myself to strangers .
11. Allow myself to Introduce...myself...
12.They should be playing "furry furry rabbit" or tea party or something/ What's "furry furry rabbit?"/ It's a game isn't it?
13.It's all those lobsters Isn't it? scads of lobsters in a tank.
14.Nothin' important...That is to say I heard a good deal about a ring, a dark lord, and somethin' about the end of the world, but...
15.She hadda go baffroom
16.I service society by rockin'...Rockin' ain't no walk in the park, lady.
17.I'm in the only room in the house where a boy of 9 can sit in privacy and decode.
18.That's what I said "booty traps"
19.You look good wearing my future.
20.Don't move until you see it./I can't see it./ Don't move until you see it.
21.There's a monster outside my window. Can I have a glass of water?
22.You know, I don't think that teaching is a "fall-back" position, and I grow nervous around those who do.
23.We are M-F-E-O... Made For Each Other.
24.Taste that Milkshake. There's real milk in there.
25.There are two kinds of people in this world: Those who like Neil Diamond and those who don't.
26."My lips hurt real bad!" and "Nobody wants a round-house kick to the face when I'm wearing these bad boys."
27.What would you give me for a basket of hugs?
28.Out of the way! We are in the throws of an exceptional emergency!/Is someone in need of medical attention?/ This is no time for sport! There is lace at stake!!
29.Practically perfect in every way.
30.Does little Snookums Wookums want a bony wony?..../ Little pinky pooter.
31. I am never in the depths of despair. To despair is turn your back on God.

There are 3 movies represented more than once. I could not help it. Oh I could go on and on and on with the quotes. It's quite addictive once you get started. Leave me a comment and your guesses. You can even leave me a quote and see if you can stump the chump. Fun times.

3 comments:

  1. Well I noticed some from Princess Bride--some from A bad seed,Wizard of Oz???? (may I add my own---I don't think we are in Kansas anymore Toto." Cute blog--loved Lylahs rhyming--kids are so funny--especially Lylah she is hillarious to me!!!
    Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes bad Seed for You and 1 Princess Bride. No Wizzard of Oz. There are several movies you know and love in there....keep trying! Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I am TERRIBLE at quotes. Seriously one of the worst I bet.

    I knew Princess Bride, that one with the red head and "vote for Pedro" (I can't remember the name), Little Women, What's eating Gilbert Grape, ugh. I am really terrible. I have to be better at this.

    I do love the quotes, though.

    Love
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.