"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Gingerbread Hair Clip

Grammy is a shopper and blesses us with all manner of cuteness from her clearance finds at Gymboree and various other places. This year Lylah has gotten about a hundred "wearings" out of a sweet Gingerbread jumper and sweater and tights from last years line of cuteness at Gymboree. She loves to wear the tights and the sweater. In fact, they have been on her more than not in the past few weeks. They are her official holiday attire this year.

Since gingerbread stuff is so cute and we make such a big deal of gingerbread stuff at our house at Christmas time, I thought I would make a little gingerbread clip that she could wear with her favorite sweater and jumper. It's felt with sequins and stitching. (Pictured here on top of a ribbon bow because she had too much hair for a single clip this day. It's really a clip with pink around the clip part.)

It was so fun to make! I wish I had started my Christmas crafts earlier in the season. I might have linked them to a linky party or tried to put them in my (non-existent) shop--or sent a couple to cousins. But as it is, we have one, and only one.

I promise to post about paper gingerbread Lylah and our gingerbread houses making. Here and here are last years'. This years are sweet and fun too. I am finding myself too busy to post as often as I want. I am so blessed to be doing things I love and spending time with my precious family. Christmas has been a blast this year. Simple and unadorned. I am loving the season. More on that later....

p.s. Happy 100th Post to me!!

1 comment:

  1. SO cute! I LOVED the gingerbread stuff from last year! That little beauty was our inspiration for a lot of stuff, I just think it is too cute! I wish I had some of it for her to wear this year as well. I really do love the clip though. So cute. And I am really glad you guys are having such a wonderful Christmas this year.

    Love
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.