"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

"Come On Annie, Let's Go to the Movies!"

"Let's go to the Moooo-oovies....Let's go see the Star-are-are-s!" Oh how I love when a post comes with a song. I could do it every time, but that would get tedious, no?

Lylah and I went to see Tangled over the weekend. She loved to go to the movies and eat the popcorn and M&Ms. I brought a couch pillow for her to sit on so she would not fold up in the chair and she fit perfectly. The movie was so fun and funny and so very cute. There were some confusing conflicts for a 3 year old...like why is the Mother the bad guy and kidnapping and so forth, but really it was a great movie and we both enjoyed it.

My favorite part was seeing the floating lanterns. It was quite a beautiful and sweet scene in the movie. But right next to me was an even sweeter sight. Little Lylah, completely enthralled in the movie, had slid down off her seat and was reaching out with wide open arms to catch a 3D floating lantern. I loved that part the best.

And now...Enjoy a piece of my movie history. Please know that I am dancing in my slip and swinging my hair...right now. I believe that I "performed" Annie every afternoon for quite a while in the neighborhood growing up. I, of course, was Annie and I believe my little sister was required to be Sandy (the dog) pretty much every time. Sorry, Sarah. Drama queen. Can't be helped!



Coming soon: Christmas decor, finished Christmas gifts, a sweet gingerbread hair clip, Lylah's Christmas singing at school, and more movies!!

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! I have never seen a 3D movie (I know, I am WAY late in the trend) but I always wondered what the glasses looked like. I bet it was so sweet to watch Lylah enjoying it so much. It made my mouth water a little to read about the popcorn and m&ms, I am not going to lie. You know, we get popcorn EVERY time we go to target. Celie calls it the popcorn store most of the time. How great that you were able to take her to see a movie and be able to enjoy it with her. She looked really adorable in the picture!

    among being Sandy, I also had to "eat it" when we did all of our Weird Al videos. Such is the life of being the youngest, I guess. :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.