"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Saturday, August 29, 2009

A New Day with No Mistakes...yet

Anne would be proud of my determination today. When I say Anne, I mean Anne Shirley, Anne of Green Gables, of course. I refer to her as my friend, my "bosom friend". Anywho, Anne would be proud of my determination today. I woke up (a little slowly still--I just can't sleep at night), I got up and I began the day pretty well. We started getting the house ready for Baby by cleaning out closets, organizing and, of course, making a list of more things to do. I think the making of lists is about my favorite thing. It's like daydreaming on paper. I write down all the things I would love to do and then I lose it and make a new one. But I enjoy every new list. My goal today was to be intentional about getting the house in order. I am doing pretty OK. I vow to do no work related work and only home and family related things. Tonight I hope to be in my studio space making at least one thing. I will photograph it tomorrow, no matter how ugly, and let you see the thing I did. See, the blog will keep me on track!
I just put Lylah down for a nap. She yelled out of her room to me that she just found and retrieved some toilet paper from her bottom. I ran in there because of her current paper eating binge. I did not want the paper to go the way so many sheets have gone before it, especially since she informed me of its prior location. When I walked in the room she was naked as a jay bird and jumping on her bed, obviously very tired. She has now gone to sleep, fully clothed as far as I know, and will probably be asleep for a couple of hours. I have choice to make. Should I clean the kitchen and wash the dishes or nap? I feel a nap might be the best choice. Might help me have the stamina to get my art endeavors done tonight too. The dishes will STILL BE THERE when I get up. Sweet dreams to me.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading all the posts!

    And I love that the blog is a new begining for you too. You can do it.

    I wish I could have a black party every day!!!!! Man, do I love a good Oreo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NAp sounds good--you need the rest as does Baby--yuck on the toliet paper--but funny

    I love the blog--you go Jenny-girl
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.