"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Anne Shirley
These are the happy days I wish to celebrate, and I guess I will blog about them.

Saturday, August 22, 2009

the first post ever...

I am pretty nervous putting this "out there" tonight. I don't know why. Maybe I feel like no one will care to read it or something pessimistic like that. But I am making a good-faith effort here. I wanted to blog mostly to let the fam keep up with us since I am so awful about sending pictures and letters and keeping in touch. It is not that I don't love my people, I just am a really bad organizer of my time. It seems like I am always busy and yet things are so undone. I find this crazy. So I pledge to post and to add pictures on a regular basis. I pledge to keep you informed and give you a peek-a-boo as often as I am able to do so.
Peek-a-boo #1 Lylah is so cute!! Glen and I decided to take her to the park this evening as a surprise. She was so excited. I asked if she could sing a song about going to the park. She did. It was sweet and "sing songy" with lyrics about what she would do at the park and how much she loved it. Tonight she thanked Jesus for chocolate before going to sleep with her two cats and beaver stuffed animals tucked under her arms. Cute as a bug!
Peek-a-boo #2 The baby wants bacon tonight. I made green beans with some potatoes, onions and bacon too. Don't tell me that the green beans are canceled out by the bacon...I will cry on you or punch you out and chalk it up to hormones.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE It---NOW i FEEL LIKE i CAN LISTEN TO YOUR THOUGHTS--i LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY AND HEAR ABOUT THINGS--i HATE BEING SO FAR AWAY FROM YOU--IT MAKES ME SAD--SO SOMETIMES I CRY WHEN i READ YOUR BLOG--sorry caps was on----unfortunately you got all my ucky emotions--wish I didn't cry so much --but I do--about everything--but mostly about how I miss MY little ones--Chris,Jenny,Sarah--I love beinga mom and so do you and Sarah--nice--maybe something good was passed on--you have fun with Lylah and she will remember that!!! Can't wait for #2---spoil spoil spoil--that is my job now--and to try to do things that hopefully my litle ones will remember as Grammy and will smile!

    Love you Jenny girl--keep it up--thia is great.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

I am thrilled to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am grateful for each one.